NRI investment fraud

dde

Registered Users (C)
Please beware the company Nriinvest. They are very prompt and helpful initially, till everything - forms, docs, money etc have been submitted - after that they become totally silent. Their website claims delivery of things like PAN card within 15 days to overseas addresses. We are still waiting almost 4 months and they have stopped responding to emails too. I had applied online as OCI, for PAN card.

NRIINVESTINDIA.COM - PAN CARD FOR NRI's

Please beware the company Nriinvest. They are very prompt and helpful initially, till everything - forms, docs, money etc have been submitted - after that they become totally silent. Their website claims delivery of things like PAN card within 15 days to overseas addresses. We are still waiting almost 4 months and they have stopped responding to emails too. I had applied online as OCI, for PAN card.

Hi,

I too applied with this NRIINVESTINDIA.COM for PAN CARD services. I paid the money and no communication from them.

Please any input from other customers.

thanks,

I used them to get my PAN card last year. It took over two months to finally receive the PAN card so ignore the 15 day claim they state. I also had to prompt them via email for answers to questions about the application form and later for status updates. I did track the issuing of the PAN card from the confirmation number I was provided by NRIInvestIndia. Over all, it was a pain going through the whole process but I did get my PAN card done through them and mailed to me in the US. They definitely need to work hard at customer service. I dealt with someone named Prachi Gupta but the owner of the company is this guy whom I sent emails directly to when Prachi was not responding:

Karey Girish: girish@nriinvestindia.com

Thank You nkm-oct23 and JPBoston for giving me a suggestion on how to go about it.

The website charged $49(for 1 applicant) through Paypal with the receipt #. It said wait for 24-48 hrs to get an email with the forms. So far, I have not got one email. I tried to call the USA Ph #(voicemail) and India call center is out of service.

I will send an email to Girish and keep you all posted. If not I get an email, I have to file a complaint with my credit card bank for a refund on fraud charges by website.

The website charged $49(for 1 applicant) through Paypal with the receipt #. It said wait for 24-48 hrs to get an email with the forms. So far, I have not got one email.

I definitely got an email response with the forms within 2 days. Something is not right here. Luckily you can dispute your credit card charge if there is no resolution. BTW, this Karey Girish guy is on Facebook and I had looked up his profile once. So that is another option to get in contact with him since he is the founder/owner of this company.

I definitely got an email response with the forms within 2 days. Something is not right here. Luckily you can dispute your credit card charge if there is no resolution. BTW, this Karey Girish guy is on Facebook and I had looked up his profile once. So that is another option to get in contact with him since he is the founder/owner of this company.

They have 2 websites names www.nriinvestindia.com and www.pancardnri.com

I happen to pay the fees through nriinvestindia.com and the contact numbers are not reachable.

finally, i got a nri helpline number from pancardnri.com. A person named Roma spoke and she mentioned that I will receive an email from Prachi with the forms. Then I did get an email from Prachi yesterday for knowing which passport I hold.

Happen to send an email to Girish, where you mentioned earlier. Thank You so much.

I will keep posted on my new PAN card venture.

Glad to know there is finally some movement. How long has it been since you first submitted the payment to them?

Anyway, I kept very detailed records of what I filled up in the my application form and when I had doubts, I made sure to chase down the specific answers from Prachi. This is where their customer service is terrible because she doesn't respond quickly or clearly answer the question sometimes. Feel free to ask any questions here regarding the actual PAN card application form and I will see if I can help you out based on my own submitted application last year.

Thanks for your help. Always I depend on this forum for support. Sure, I will ask you If I had any doubts with the application.

I submitted my payment on March 10th, 2014. I am yet to receive the form from Prachi. Once I receive from her probably next week, I will start to fill the application. Meantime, What documents do I have to attach with the application? I can make copies this weekend.

How many photos do they need?

Many thanks

Here is the supporting docs that I submitted with my completed PAN card application to them. This is what was needed for mailing the received PAN card back to me in US. Once the PAN card is processed by the Indian government, it is sent to NRI Invest who then will mail it to you in the US. For mailing to you at an address in India, it is slightly different. Anyway for mailing to US:

1. Proof of ID: Copy of my US passport pages that has my photo and ID details.
2. Copy of my OCI card: Info page with photo, address, father's name.
3. If your OCI card does not have your most current address, they also ask for a copy of your latest US bank statement with current address and this has to be attested by the bank. I did not need the bank statement in my case.
4. You need two color photos for this application form and these are both stuck on the first page of the application. Note that the size of the photos here are not the US passport or India passport standards but are the PAN card specific size (2.5cm x 3.5cm). The instructions say to attach whatever is the standard passport size in your current country but the US passport size is awkwardly big for this application. So I happily used the ePassportPhoto website to generate a PAN card size passport sheet jpeg file that I took and printed out at my local CVS for like 25 cents :)

Beyond these docs and photos, the rest is just following the application filling instructions carefully. They provide a sample filled up application which was good but I found some minor discrepancies that I got clarified. Also they also ask you to send a second blank application with just your signature at the last page. This is in case there was something wrong with your actual application form and they would redo it in Delhi on your behalf. I did not like the sound of this and did not submit this with my submitted package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the supporting docs that I submitted with my completed PAN card application to them. This is what was needed for mailing the received PAN card back to me in US. Once the PAN card is processed by the Indian government, it is sent to NRI Invest who then will mail it to you in the US. For mailing to you at an address in India, it is slightly different. Anyway for mailing to US:

1. Proof of ID: Copy of my US passport pages that has my photo and ID details.
2. Copy of my OCI card: Info page with photo, address, father's name.
3. If your OCI card does not have your most current address, they also ask for a copy of your latest US bank statement with current address and this has to be attested by the bank. I did not need the bank statement in my case.
4. You need two color photos for this application form and these are both stuck on the first page of the application. Note that the size of the photos here are not the US passport or India passport standards but are the PAN card specific size (2.5cm x 3.5cm). The instructions say to attach whatever is the standard passport size in your current country but the US passport size is awkwardly big for this application. So I happily used the ePassportPhoto website to generate a PAN card size passport sheet jpeg file that I took and printed out at my local CVS for like 25 cents :)

Beyond these docs and photos, the rest is just following the application filling instructions carefully. They provide a sample filled up application which was good but I found some minor discrepancies that I got clarified. Also they also ask you to send a second blank application with just your signature at the last page. This is in case there was something wrong with your actual application form and they would redo it in Delhi on your behalf. I did not like the sound of this and did not submit this with my submitted package.

Wow, this is great explanation for me to do the application. :) BTW, Prachi send me the forms just now.

I am going to use the epassportphoto.com for my photo as well. :)

Many thanks,

Are you guys giving a lot of personal info to strangers in India for the simple process of obtaining a PAN card, only because you don't have anyone trustworthy in India who could help you ? I have done it myself while was in India and it was pretty non time-consuming and painless.

Just trying to understand.

I happen to download the application form from the indian PAN website, which was in US Legal size with more room for the photo of 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm. I had to take a passport size photo from Costco and then altered in the photoediting site and take a copy, which was much more clarity than I took the photo by myself.

Will post for futher updates.

Glad to know there is finally some movement. How long has it been since you first submitted the payment to them?

Anyway, I kept very detailed records of what I filled up in the my application form and when I had doubts, I made sure to chase down the specific answers from Prachi. This is where their customer service is terrible because she doesn't respond quickly or clearly answer the question sometimes. Feel free to ask any questions here regarding the actual PAN card application form and I will see if I can help you out based on my own submitted application last year.

Hi JPBoston,

Can you please send me the address where you send the forms in India? Becoz the address given by Prachi and the website has a discrepancy in the pincode. Many thanks

I went with what Prachi said in her email and yes, I also noticed what you had seen. I used the Faridabad address in her email with the Haryana 121001 PIN code.

I went with what Prachi said in her email and yes, I also noticed what you had seen. I used the Faridabad address in her email with the Haryana 121001 PIN code.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I had sent my document today 3/20/14 to India to the same pincode 121001. Hope and wish I get my PAN card :)

You just have to be patient but keep on top of them. There is a coupon number which essentially is a confirmation number that you should get from Prachi once they have submitted your form. This coupon number will enable you to track the status of your PAN card processing and also when the PAN card has been sent back to NRIInvest. My biggest issue with NRIInvest is that they do not keep you posted on things and you have to ask them for updates. However, they did come through and I got my PAN card in the end.

You just have to be patient but keep on top of them. There is a coupon number which essentially is a confirmation number that you should get from Prachi once they have submitted your form. This coupon number will enable you to track the status of your PAN card processing and also when the PAN card has been sent back to NRIInvest. My biggest issue with NRIInvest is that they do not keep you posted on things and you have to ask them for updates. However, they did come through and I got my PAN card in the end.

Thanks for the info. :)

How long did it take for Nriinvestindia to file the form once they get the documents? Are they quite fast in filing in a timely manner to get the acknowledgement number?

Where to find the status of the PAN card?

Many thanks