NP and Reentry Permit

h0meb0y25

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

I have asylum based GC and I visted (14 days visit) COP with NP last year in March, no problems during exit or entry to US or COP.

The NP was issued for only 1 year and now it is expired. I am planning to apply for Reentry Permit (2 year validity) instead of renewing NP now.

Do you guys see any issue? Pros/cons ?

Any suggestion/comments/thoughts welcome.

Thank You.

Passport renew?

Hey guys Is there any problems if you renew your passport before to get your greencard?

h0meb0y25 said:
Greetings,

I have asylum based GC and I visted (14 days visit) COP with NP last year in March, no problems during exit or entry to US or COP.

The NP was issued for only 1 year and now it is expired. I am planning to apply for Reentry Permit (2 year validity) instead of renewing NP now.

Thank You.

2nd Attempt:

Could you guys provide experiences, insights on the above request/situation ?

h0meb0y25 said:
Greetings,

Thank You.

What is ur reason for not wanting to renew your NP again?

chapprn said:
Hey guys Is there any problems if you renew your passport before to get your greencard?

this is a stupid question. Think to yourself, you are claming asylum and asking if you can ask for protection from the country that you just dissed?

wantmygcnow said:
What is ur reason for not wanting to renew your NP again?

# 1, I would not mind renewing it if there were no rumors around new asylee factsheet which I am hearing lately.
# 2, Dont want me to see in a position where immigration officers questions me after returning from abroad visit (Not COP), simply cuz my NP is stamped earlier for entry and exit to COP.

However, you brought up a good point. My follow up question would be
Can I have both Valid NP and Reentry at the same time. If true, I can think of renewing my NP and can also apply for Reentry permint, keeping NP aside for visit to COP in the worse case scenario.

Thoughts?

h0meb0y25 said:
# 1, I would not mind renewing it if there were no rumors around new asylee factsheet which I am hearing lately.
# 2, Dont want me to see in a position where immigration officers questions me after returning from abroad visit (Not COP), simply cuz my NP is stamped earlier for entry and exit to COP.

However, you brought up a good point. My follow up question would be
Can I have both Valid NP and Reentry at the same time. If true, I can think of renewing my NP and can also apply for Reentry permint, keeping NP aside for visit to COP in the worse case scenario.

Thoughts?

You renewed your NP after your GC right? So what difference does it make if you renew it again or not?

You can have a rentry permit & np at the same time. RTD +NP may cause some problems.

wantmygcnow said:
You renewed your NP after your GC right? So what difference does it make if you renew it again or not?

May be I was not clear with my #1, point is not just renewing it, can be renewed without issues. Renewing and using for travel with existing COP stamp is what I meant. (which could be questionable by Immigration officer).

wantmygcnow said:
You can have a rentry permit & np at the same time. RTD +NP may cause some problems.

Okay. Thanks.

h0meb0y25 said:
May be I was not clear with my #1, point is not just renewing it, can be renewed without issues. Renewing and using for travel with existing COP stamp is what I meant. (which could be questionable by Immigration officer).

Okay. Thanks.

So are you saying that you will hide the fact that you visited COP when u apply for usc??

Didn't you fill the customs form that you visited cOp? Hiding a fact may lead lots of problem.

I suggest you don't hide anything when you apply for USC. The officer wont look for the stamp because he would already know you went to COP(with your travel history report)..

wantmygcnow said:
So are you saying that you will hide the fact that you visited COP when u apply for usc??

Didn't you fill the customs form that you visited cOp? Hiding a fact may lead lots of problem.

I suggest you don't hide anything when you apply for USC. The officer wont look for the stamp because he would already know you went to COP(with your travel history report)..

Nope I m not gonna hide anything in my USC application. Its just that dont need unnecessary trouble during travel with NP, if immigration officer checks previous records. But from your reply seems like thats not the fact.