Now it is our turn to say “Mission accomplished”!!!!

Congratulations Toxsci!

Hi Toxsci!
Heartiest congratulations!!
My date (Oct4, 2004) of concurrent filing EB1 are almost same as yours. Based on your guidelines I made repeated calls to TSC and finally got hold of a helpful lady and found out that name check is pending since Oct 2004. I sent the papers to the local Senator today.
Thanks for heads up and useful tips!

sfdurrani said:
Hi Toxsci!
My date (Oct4, 2004) of concurrent filing EB1 are almost same as yours. Based on your guidelines I made repeated calls to TSC and finally got hold of a helpful lady and found out that name check is pending since Oct 2004. I sent the papers to the local Senator today.
Thank you.
Wish you all the best with your namecheck,
Toxsci

GHEBAUER said:
Congratulations Toxsci and to eb1doc too !!!
Enjoy your freedom guys and please continue to stay with us and continue to share your experience , as you did it so good during this time !!!

I wish you all the best !!!
thansk GHEBAUER
all the best for ur case too!

Hi sfdurrani/Toxsci/eb1doc

Congratulations Toxsci and eb1doc! And I hop sfdurrani will get response from the Senator office very soon.

Can you share the phone number you've used to contact TSC?

Although my case has been pending for just 6 months now, I would like to learn from your experience and not to wait long time before starting to bug USCIS.

Do you see any disadvantage/risk contacting TSC after just 6 months?

Also, do you or anyone else know when USCIS actually sends requests for name check? Is it only after I-140 approved, or as soon as you concurrent file your 485 and I-140?

My I-140 has been approved last week, but I still wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rambi

sfdurrani said:
Hi Toxsci!

Thanks

Rambi said:
Hi sfdurrani/Toxsci/eb1doc

Congratulations Toxsci and eb1doc! And I hop sfdurrani will get response from the Senator office very soon.

Can you share the phone number you've used to contact TSC?

Although my case has been pending for just 6 months now, I would like to learn from your experience and not to wait long time before starting to bug USCIS.

Do you see any disadvantage/risk contacting TSC after just 6 months?

Also, do you or anyone else know when USCIS actually sends requests for name check? Is it only after I-140 approved, or as soon as you concurrent file your 485 and I-140?

My I-140 has been approved last week, but I still wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rambi
Thanks.
For TSC number as well as name check FAQs please refer to the attached file in the following thread.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215932
Good luck,
Toxsci

update

Just received multiple e-mails from CRIS stating that our cards were mailed out today. :)
Waiting to see that card in the mail..for which we all had to go through so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Good luck everyone,
Toxsci

Toxsci said:
Just received multiple e-mails from CRIS stating that our cards were mailed out today. :)
Waiting to see that card in the mail..for which we all had to go through so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Good luck everyone,
Toxsci
thats is nice!
i am still waiting for that E-mail!

MrGC2004 said:
thats is nice!
i am still waiting for that E-mail!
MrGC,
Did you get e-mail? Sometimes they don't send e-mails I guess.
We have received the approval notices on Saturday!
Cards should arrive by mid-nextweek.
Good luck,
Toxsci.

Name-Check-FAQ document - Question

Hi Toxsci,

Thanks for your reply and great help.

I've read through the Name-Check-FAQ document you've put together. This is really helpful and thanks for all your efforts.

Few quick questions which I'll appreciate your response:
You've mentioned that in order to know what is the status of my name check; I should place a status inquiry by calling TSC. My application was filed 6 month ago and I have received my I-140 approval 10 days ago.

Any reason why not to place a status inquiry?
Can this affect in any way my 485 application?
My wife has also an AP application pending approval – any worries?

Also my 485 application was transferred from CSC so I do not have an SRC number but rather WAC. Can I still get to TSC representative?

When speaking to the USCIS representative should I ask to place a status inquiry for only my 485 or other family members as well?

Any idea how much time does it takes for USCIS to process 485 application after I-140 approval? Is it by the date of filing or the queue starts once the I-140 approved?

Thanks much for your help.

Rambi.

Toxsci said:
Thanks.
For TSC number as well as name check FAQs please refer to the attached file in the following thread.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215932
Good luck,
Toxsci

Rambi said:
Hi Toxsci,

Thanks for your reply and great help.

I've read through the Name-Check-FAQ document you've put together. This is really helpful and thanks for all your efforts.

Few quick questions which I'll appreciate your response:
You've mentioned that in order to know what is the status of my name check; I should place a status inquiry by calling TSC. My application was filed 6 month ago and I have received my I-140 approval 10 days ago.

Any reason why not to place a status inquiry?
I think you can place an inquiry (for I485)if your PD is current and the processing time is past atleast a month (I guess).
Can this affect in any way my 485 application?
I do not think so.
My wife has also an AP application pending approval – any worries?
How long it has been pending? that should come through..without any problem.

Also my 485 application was transferred from CSC so I do not have an SRC number but rather WAC. Can I still get to TSC representative?
It may not work since your case is transferred to TSC. you could give it a try. You may have to stick with national customer service representative, if it doesn't go to TSC.

When speaking to the USCIS representative should I ask to place a status inquiry for only my 485 or other family members as well?
If you initiate an inquiry on Primary is good enough. If you have specific questions about your spouse's AP then you have to do that.
Any idea how much time does it takes for USCIS to process 485 application after I-140 approval? Is it by the date of filing or the queue starts once the I-140 approved?
It depends on various things.
1. your PD (pririty date). it should be there in your I140 approval notice.
2. category (EB1, 2 or 3)
3. Country of citizenship
4. Processing time at the service center.
Say if you are from India and in EB1 category, your are eligible if your PD is before Jan06
Thanks much for your help.

Rambi.

Good luck to you,
Toxsci.

Thanks!

Thanks Toxsci,

I think I'll wait for two more weeks before calling and placing an inquiry.

Thanks again for all your help and knowledge.

Rambi.

Toxsci said:
Good luck to you,
Toxsci.

Cards received!!!

Hello everyone,
Finally, we received Green cards today!!! It took 20 months overall...thank you all for your advise/inputs!
But for this wonderful forum, it would have been difficult to get through the FBI net!!
It was very tense when once I realized that I am stuck in Namecheck!! I heard the 'sweet news :eek: ' from TSC in Nov 05. Started working on it immediately and finally the name-check was cleared on May 19th! I have read both optimistic as well as pessimistic opinions about namecheck! My suggestion is 'be optimistic'. Keep trying different things. It helps to get through the tense moments and one of the things will click..SO DO NOT GIVE UP!!
I was not supposed to be stuck in FBI namecheck..(not so common name)..but bad luck..somehow they liked me!!! :mad:
Both I and my spouse were perfect candidates for I485 rfe ( my birth certificate was registered recently and my wife's immunizations were not up-to-date)..BUT GOOD LUCK this time.. ;) ..and thanks to the reviewing officer..(he probably thought we have had enough of it already). :D .
Good luck to everyone and thanks again,

Toxsci said:
Hello everyone,
Finally, we received Green cards today!!! It took 20 months overall...thank you all for your advise/inputs!
But for this wonderful forum, it would have been difficult to get through the FBI net!!
It was very tense when once I realized that I am stuck in Namecheck!! I heard the 'sweet news :eek: ' from TSC in Nov 05. Started working on it immediately and finally the name-check was cleared on May 19th! I have read both optimistic as well as pessimistic opinions about namecheck! My suggestion is 'be optimistic'. Keep trying different things. It helps to get through the tense moments and one of the things will click..SO DO NOT GIVE UP!!
I was not supposed to be stuck in FBI namecheck..(not so common name)..but bad luck..somehow they liked me!!! :mad:
Both I and my spouse were perfect candidates for I485 rfe ( my birth certificate was registered recently and my wife's immunizations were not up-to-date)..BUT GOOD LUCK this time.. ;) ..and thanks to the reviewing officer..(he probably thought we have had enough of it already). :D .
Good luck to everyone and thanks again,

congrats toxic
we also did receive dit on friday!