Now I know why NY SESA is so slow

misery

Registered Users (C)
because they\'re processing cases whose 6 year H-1 are expiring soon.

What does that mean?

If someone files his/her case much later than you but his/her 6 years expires sooner, guess what, he/she gets processed first!

Yes, that\'s right. Talking about f***ing fairness! In the same SESA!
Here\'s my advice to all those who filed their cases late, especially those in regular labor:
find another job outside NY. Unless your H-1 expiration is near, SESA won\'t even bother to look at you until the very last minute of your H-1. You can count on it.

No words can express my rage and frustration.

can you authenticate this information ?

If the people whose H1 VISA is getting expired for a term of 6 years, and If SESA / DOL is clearing those applications, should not we see at least those application being cleared either in this discussion or someother sites where the discussions on the same topics are covered.
Should not we see the progress on DOL / SESA web sites ?

you see most of this unfairness in regular labor processing

and those who benefit from it keeps their mouths shut.

check with your lawyer to see if there\'s a term called \'expedited request\'.

you\'d be suprised...

Big Lie

There is no way SESA can determine the expiry date of 6 YEARS period.
 The application for labour certifcate does not provide any details
 about the visa expiratin date. How on earth some guys are spreading
 such false news.

Use some judgement before airing such false news.

It is quite possble attoneys in trying to fend you off resort to
 such gimmicks.
 Nowhere i have seen or heard of expedited processing neither do the
 attorneys mention it

NY SESA is slow because they have LOTS of cases to handle

SESA/DOL will NOT expedite a case if the 6 years is running our on the H-1. Frankly, I don\'t thing that 90% of the people working at SESA/DOL are even aware of what this provision of AC21 provides.

There, now you have a different opinion from a lawyer and I have read this same information in posts at the AILA website.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

suit yourself then.

my lawyer is from an \'AV\' firm. and frankly I am not on their tail so they don\'t even need to \'resort to gimmicks\'.

I am not saying you submit a case today and because your H-1 expiration is this May therefore NY SESA will automatically process your case tomorrow. Your lawyer will have to request it. and that\'s where your H-1 6 year expiration date info gets in SESA.

Believe me, there\'s a lot of dirty secrets going on. 245(i) case loads IS NOT the single reason why we\'re waiting so long.

You may still brush it off as another rumor. At least you don\'t have to get as frustrated as I do.

I, for one, believe my laywer

in regular labor, we have passed 1/98 bottle neck almost 6 months ago. they \'re still processing 3/98 cases. 245(i)? give me a break.

I came to this site very often but never posted anything until yesterday. Jim, I know you\'re knowledgable and I have lots of respect for you. But this time around, I think my lawyer is credible.