Now, I got this letter! What next?

soso06

Registered Users (C)
I got a letter from my DO saying that they are doing a backgroung investigation on my case...., If I do not receive a decision after six months tjhat I should call customer service num. Note that it has been more than six month since my interview and RFE and no letter or decision. Does this suggest anything?. What does it me?. What is this background investigation?. I have already scheduled to go INFOPASS this week and do not know if I should cancel my appt or what. Please someone talkto me.I'll appreciate it

Dont worry there are lot of people in the same boat ,sounds like you are stuck in FBI Name Check / Background Check ... Keep checking with USCIS & consider writing to senetor / Congressman.

Thx

Waiting...(backgroung investigation)

GCWaitLA said:
Dont worry there are lot of people in the same boat ,sounds like you are stuck in FBI Name Check / Background Check ... Keep checking with USCIS & consider writing to senetor / Congressman.

Thx
Thank you. The truth, I am a bit relaxed, at least, they are doing something on my file. I will still go for the infopass and see if they have something different.

soso06 said:
Thank you. The truth, I am a bit relaxed, at least, they are doing something on my file. I will still go for the infopass and see if they have something different.
Hopefully, your name will be cleared soon... otherwise, you could be "relaxed' for a long time, since name check could take years... not because they do something on your case, but because they don't... it's just sitting there and waiting for it's turn (currently there are about 2 milion people stuck in name check process)...
Check the name check threads!

Good point. I don't think you should relax yet. Get ready for a lawsuit in case the name check didn't go through within 6 months. If you don't get it by then, it will never happen unless you do something.

Anahit said:
Hopefully, your name will be cleared soon... otherwise, you could be "relaxed' for a long time, since name check could take years... not because they do something on your case, but because they don't... it's just sitting there and waiting for it's turn (currently there are about 2 milion people stuck in name check process)...
Check the name check threads!