Now I am a citizen of United States

Galaxy08

Registered Users (C)
Process was very smooth. Interview in Mount Laurel Office early morning. Oath cermeony done same day.

Application Mailed = End of May
Pd = first week June-2007
Interview and Oath same day. = First week Jan-2008

Very simple Interview. IO was very nice, professional, well experienced, he knew what is he doing.

Passport and Green Card, thats all. no documents asked. Requsted for Name change. so i need to sign extra two forms thats all. I was worried the name change may delay my application, but i was wrong. Everything went very smooth. 10 simple questions. simple sentence read and write. Thats all

Evening took the oath. Now i need to apply for OCI. thats my next step.

PS :- my old nick was Galaxy03, couldnt login or get the password, thats why this new nick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats !!!
Which DO is Mount Laurel Office? You had a name change and still got oath same day? Your oath ceremony was infront of a judge? That is the first I heard where name change oath ceremony was done on same day. Wow !!!

Thanks, N400Atl
VSC DO. Yes. Same day oath. I think they do two times per day. And the cermoney was not infront of judge. but my certificate say, US District court at Mount Laurel

wow, thats quick. In San Francisco we had oath yesterday which I posted in detail in SF timeline thread, we had 1446 cheering new citizens and families.

Thanks, VivaLasVegas.

Desihai, We had just around 13 New citizens, All interiewd in the morning. woowww...1446, thats big.

Thanks, N400Atl
VSC DO. Yes. Same day oath. I think they do two times per day. And the cermoney was not infront of judge. but my certificate say, US District court at Mount Laurel

Cool. One more Q if you don't mind. Did you get any other form/paper besides Nat cert? Something that shows your name changed from X to Y? You get that paper (Which is name change order) if your name is changed via judicial process, infront of judge. May be there is a judge at your DO always ready to give oath :)

N400Atl,

No. Just Nat Cert. Thats all. When i was in SSN office, they asked me wether i have any other form for name change. i told them, no, just this nat. cert. They said thats fine, this is enough. In DMV, they didnt even ask. Just Nat. Cert. with new name, thats all needed. Thats advantage of name change with Naturalization. No need to carry anyother form to show the name change.

Wow, that is again first I heard. In Atlanta DO, when you request name change, you get an extra court order signed by judge that says your name is changed from A to B. Guess NJ does it differently. Good for you that you could do name change sam day.

BTW, this is not last name change due to marriage, is it? Since that can be done via same day oath (No judge needed) only marriage certificate is needed. First/middle name changes cause judicial oath (Atleast in Atlanta DO)

Today I received my passport. Jan-10 at 8pm, Applied at county store. The process just takes weeks. Though not yet received my Nat. Cert.