Now even CGNY wants GC to process passport

gambler

Registered Users (C)
I had send by mail the renewal/reapply for my minor son's passport. It has been more than 30 days now . When I called them they say it has been referred to India for the reason that my son is on AOS. I asked how does that matter as long as he in status and they say that if we had EAD or GC we would have given in within 2 days. But now since he is an adjustee we need to refer from India and then also we can issue only a passport with validity of 1 year.
Pity that our own consulate does not recognize adjustment of status.
Any suggestions ?

not much you can do

I have had horrible experiences with CGNY in the past. I had lost my passport some time back.

Had to give up a great job offer because I could not process the new H1.

There is not much you can do but just bear it. The only suggestion I have, is that you should try to go meet the CG and talk to him. They are generally nice and try to help.

However burecracy is the same everywhere wether MoFA of India or BCIS here.

What number did you call?

Gambler,

It has been 20 days since I applied for my daughter's passport.
I think it is heading for a similar fate.

But, when I call them, they keep on telling, it is being processed and should be sent out in a day or two.

God help us!!

Did they give any idea, how long it may take? I was planning an India trip - and now this new lafda... I should have given it for renewal after returning..

I am also in same position

I am also in same position.

When I went there to renew my daughter passport, they told it
will take 15 days for referneces to india, if minor child is on AOS.

I thought 15 days is OK, then submitted it.
Now, after 15 days they say it take another one month.

Any where in world, typical Indian govt menatlity remains same.

Re: What number did you call?

Originally posted by believe_in_self
Gambler,

It has been 20 days since I applied for my daughter's passport.
I think it is heading for a similar fate.

But, when I call them, they keep on telling, it is being processed and should be sent out in a day or two.

God help us!!

Did they give any idea, how long it may take? I was planning an India trip - and now this new lafda... I should have given it for renewal after returning..

Well according to the person whom I spoke with said that they should have something within 45 days. If they don't have it I asked him to send the passport back and I will get it renewed from India. If there are enough affected parties we should write a petition to the CGNY to stop this harrasment.
Rajiv, can you help here ?

Well this reminds me..

Dhobi ka kutta..
Na ghar ka na ghat ka..

:D :p

US Govt does not want to adjust us.

India Govt does not want to process our passport.

:mad:

So you all don't have EAD for your minor children? Even I didn't want to apply for my son. But my attorney advised to apply, as my son can get SSN.

Did anybody's kid having an EAD had the same problem too.

Thanks
mdu123

Re: Re: What number did you call?

Originally posted by gambler

Rajiv, can you help here ?

I can make a note to Rajiv, but what kind of help you need? You can write a petition and personally hand it over to CG.

Re: Re: Re: What number did you call?

Originally posted by ar888
I can make a note to Rajiv, but what kind of help you need? You can write a petition and personally hand it over to CG.
Thxs for yr prompt response .
We are looking for some direction here and how it would help/cover future cases. Jeez, I was under the impression that your consulate should help you even if you are illegal and should be considerate of our problems. Maybe we need to set the record straight and push the CG's now to start responding.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What number did you call?

Originally posted by gambler
Thxs for yr prompt response .
We are looking for some direction here and how it would help/cover future cases. Jeez, I was under the impression that your consulate should help you even if you are illegal and should be considerate of our problems. Maybe we need to set the record straight and push the CG's now to start responding.

Took this thread to Rajiv's notice.

Recently I renewed my son's passport though it is from San Francisco. We are also AOS and my son has expired EAD. I sent
photocopy of my EAD and son's 485 receipt along with all the paper. They processed his passport within 20 days.

I think this info will help others