November N-400 Tracker

hi,

Attended oath ceremony today at Los Angeles Convention Center, 12.30pm. It was a huge crowd- 2976 new US citizens (not sure the exact no..haha) with the oldest being a 97yo elderly from Mexico. Surprisingly the event was running on schedule and in an orderly manner.

I took the Metro Rail Gold Line from Sierra Madre to Union Station, then interchanged to Metro Rail Purple line to 7th St and again interchanged to Metro Rail Expo Line to Pico Blvd. The whole journey took around 50mins to an hour. The LACC is a walking distance from Pico Blvd Expo Line station-reached the LACC around 12.20pm. It's the cheapest travelling fare - $5 for Daily Pass for every Metro Rail and Buses you take till 3am, and the best thing is you wont have to hurdle tru the traffic and pay the parking fees near LACC.[Note : You need the TAP card to load the $5 Daily Pass for ALL Metro Rail and buses. You can get the TAP card when you on board any Metro buses or at any Metro Rail stations. The TAP card costs $1, so total costs = $6 for Daily Pass.]

When I arrived at the LACC, there were already long queues. There was security check before we could enter the hall. This was most probably as a result of the twin bombing in Boston yesterday. Then we were directed to "check-in" at any counters - there were over 60 counters. At the counter, you hand in the Oath Ceremony letter and Green Card. The officer will ask the questions stated at the back of the Oath Ceremony Letter and punched your Green Card. Also, he/she will stamp on the Oath Ceremony Letter and write the "Table No." -the counter where you will get your naturalization certificate after the ceremony.

After that, we were directed to the seats. Each of us was given a package and a flag before we were seated. The package contains a small piece of paper for the Oath (Note: remember to take out this paper as you need it for your Oath), a letter from the President, voter information and certifcate file. During the ceremony, some volunteers handed out the Voter Registration form. Anyway, I did not submit the Voter Registration at the end of the ceremony. Will do it when I have the time.

The judge presided the ceremony was the 1st first Chinese American appointed as a United States District Judge-kinda emotional when he told us his family immigration history. Anyway, just relax and enjoy yourself during the ceremony.

After the Oath Ceremony, we were told to be remain seated. And then we were asked to proceed to the counter to get the naturalization certificate. This was done row-by-row on the first-come first-serve basis. So, whoever comes in 1st will get the naturalization certificate earlier.

Remember to check your name and Date of Birth in your naturalization certificate before you leave the hall. Also, if you petition to name change, please make sure the petition is stapled with your naturalization certificate. You need the petition for name change for your new SSN, passport, new driver license.

By the way, if you want - you can get the certificate holder and passport cover for $10 each. I just bought the certificate holder and passport cover at the hall.There are few mexicans selling at the streets for $5 each. I didn't look at those.

Also, I could not find the USPS booth to apply my passport. Will apply at the local Post Office.

All the best to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your New citizenship... Good Luck!

hi,

Attended oath ceremony today at Los Angeles Convention Center, 12.30pm. It was a huge crowd- 2976 new US citizens (not sure the exact no..haha) with the oldest being a 97yo elderly from Mexico. Surprisingly the event was running on schedule and in an orderly manner.

I took the Metro Rail Gold Line from Sierra Madre to Union Station, then interchanged to Metro Rail Purple line to 7th St and again interchanged to Metro Rail Expo Line to Pico Blvd. The whole journey took around 50mins to an hour. The LACC is a walking distance from Pico Blvd Expo Line station-reached the LACC around 12.20pm. It's the cheapest travelling fare - $5 for Daily Pass for every Metro Rail and Buses you take till 3am, and the best thing is you wont have to hurdle tru the traffic and pay the parking fees near LACC.[Note : You need the TAP card to load the $5 Daily Pass for ALL Metro Rail and buses. You can get the TAP card when you on board any Metro buses or at any Metro Rail stations. The TAP card costs $1, so total costs = $6 for Daily Pass.]

When I arrived at the LACC, there were already long queues. There was security check before we could enter the hall. This was most probably as a result of the twin bombing in Boston yesterday. Then we were directed to "check-in" at any counters - there were over 60 counters. At the counter, you hand in the Oath Ceremony letter and Green Card. The officer will ask the questions stated at the back of the Oath Ceremony Letter and punched your Green Card. Also, he/she will stamp on the Oath Ceremony Letter and write the "Table No." -the counter where you will get your naturalization certificate after the ceremony.

After that, we were directed to the seats. Each of us was given a package and a flag before we were seated. The package contains a small piece of paper for the Oath (Note: remember to take out this paper as you need it for your Oath), a letter from the President, voter information and certifcate file. During the ceremony, some volunteers handed out the Voter Registration form. Anyway, I did not submit the Voter Registration at the end of the ceremony. Will do it when I have the time.

The judge presided the ceremony was the 1st first Chinese American appointed as a United States District Judge-kinda emotional when he told us his family immigration history. Anyway, just relax and enjoy yourself during the ceremony.

After the Oath Ceremony, we were told to be remain seated. And then we were asked to proceed to the counter to get the naturalization certificate. This was done row-by-row on the first-come first-serve basis. So, whoever comes in 1st will get the naturalization certificate earlier.

Remember to check your name and Date of Birth in your naturalization certificate before you leave the hall. Also, if you petition to name change, please make sure the petition is stapled with your naturalization certificate. You need the petition for name change for your new SSN, passport, new driver license.

By the way, if you want - you can get the certificate holder and passport cover for $10 each. I just bought the certificate holder and passport cover at the hall.There are few mexicans selling at the streets for $5 each. I didn't look at those.

Also, I could not find the USPS booth to apply my passport. Will apply at the local Post Office.

All the best to you all!

Congratulation on your new US citizenship. Good Luck.

:)

Oath letter received today and oath schedule for April 26th at 10:30 AM...yay!

Finally was scheduled the date for oath ceremony today! This means I won't be able to make it for the April ceremony. I have to wait until May.

I lost my permanent resident card. Do you know if I can still take my oath?

U.S Citizen at last!
Finally done with US Immigration as I took the oath yesterday April 26th in Pittsburgh, PA. We were about 25 new US Citizens from 18 different countries. The whole ceremony took a little over 45 min. It was very exciting and emotional for me, but I enjoyed every second of it...! I did apply for my passport a couple of hours after receiving my certificate, now just waiting for my "eagle" passport.
Good luck to all of you still in the process and may God bless us all.

Finally became US CITIZEN today. My Long Immigration journey is over. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT ADVICE AND SUPPORT IN THIS FORUM.

Quick question regarding application for passport?

Do we have to give the original Naturalization Certificate to the passport agency? Please advice.

Below is my timeline.

DO: Los Angeles, CA
11/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11/20/12: N-400 delivered (Day 1)
11/23/12: NOA received on 11/28/12 (Accepted and Initial Review)
11/29/12: Per website, FP notice mailed (Day 10)
12/03/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/12/12) (Day 14)
12/05/12: FP done (Walk-in) (Day 16)
12/07/12: In-line for Interview Scheduling (Day 18)
01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 58)
03/01/13: Interview scheduled (Day 102)
03/07/13: IL Recvd. ( Day 108)
04/08/13: Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)(Day 140)
04/11/13: Oath scheduling que (Day 143)
04/23/13: Oath Ceremony scheduled(Online notification) (Day 155)
04/27/13: Oath Letter received (Day 159)
05/23/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen" - May 23, 2013 - Los Angeles Convention Center
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Finally became US CITIZEN today. My Long Immigration journey is over. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT ADVICE AND SUPPORT IN THIS FORUM.

Quick question regarding application for passport?

Do we have to give the original Naturalization Certificate to the passport agency? Please advice.

Below is my timeline.

01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 58)
05/23/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen" - May 23, 2013 - Los Angeles Convention Center
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Yes, you need to submit the original Naturalization Certificate together with the application. Also, please make a copy of your driver license. The Post Office is charging me $0.50 for the copy of my Driver License since I didnt make a copy. Also, please pay by CHECK (p/s: bring your check to Post Office). Dont pay using Money Order even if the Post Office asked you. There is surcharge (i.e. commission paid to Post office) if you use Money order. I was being duped by the Post office to pay using Money order. If you pay by the CHECK, you can trace when the payment has been cleared.

The processing time for Regular Vs Expedited is about one week difference. No point getting an expedited passport processing.

The Original Naturalization Certificate will be mailed to you SEPARATELY, normally within 3 days after you have received your passport.

Please refer to my timeline. (Note: I requested "regular" processing plus "Overnight delivery". The Overnight Delivery is only applicable to mail out your passport, not the Original Naturalization Certificate. It costs $12.88- I think for the Overnight Delivery.)

Yes, you need to submit the original Naturalization Certificate together with the application. Also, please make a copy of your driver license. The Post Office is charging me $0.50 for the copy of my Driver License since I didnt make a copy. Also, please pay by CHECK (p/s: bring your check to Post Office). Dont pay using Money Order even if the Post Office asked you. There is surcharge (i.e. commission paid to Post office) if you use Money order. I was being duped by the Post office to pay using Money order. If you pay by the CHECK, you can trace when the payment has been cleared.

The processing time for Regular Vs Expedited is about one week difference. No point getting an expedited passport processing.

The Original Naturalization Certificate will be mailed to you SEPARATELY, normally within 3 days after you have received your passport.

Please refer to my timeline. (Note: I requested "regular" processing plus "Overnight delivery". The Overnight Delivery is only applicable to mail out your passport, not the Original Naturalization Certificate. It costs $12.88- I think for the Overnight Delivery.)

Thanks for the help and support.

I did applied for my passport with expedited service.

charges incurred:

$110.00 - passport fees
$60 - expedited service fee
$12.85 - Overnight passport return delivery charges
$25 for usps ppt processing fee
$20 for sending the application - overnight charges
$0.60 towards Domestic Money Order
Once I get my Passport, then I will update my SSA and DMV.

Thanks,

Finally I received my US Passport today. Below is my timeline.

05/24/13: Applied for Passport
06/04/13: Received Passport