November N-400 Tracker

Hi,

Had interview today. It was fast. The IO just randomly asked me some "unrelated" questions- How do you support yourself while you were in US? Do you know what it's meant to be a US citizen?

He asked almost everything you wrote in N400 - for the question -have you ever been arrested,cited or detained by any law enforcement officer? I told him I had one traffic violation. He amended my N-400 with the details of the violation,but did not ask for any documentations.

One thing-I guess he must be testing my US civics knowledge- Who is California US Senator? Luckily I remembered - the Senator who sponsored the gun control - Dianne Feinstein.

Anyway, it was very easy. Just relax. The whole process takes about 10mins.

I did request for a name change. I hope I can attend the oath ceremony this April, if not in May.

All the best to you all!

Interview

Hello,
Just to let you guys know that today I had my interview in Pittsburgh. I arrived just six (6) min before my schedule time of 10:00
AM. I was in the waiting room for about 5 min then I was called by a sweet young lady. The interview went pretty well. She sworn me in first, then when through my N400 application, line by line pretty much. We chatted a little in between each section and kinda joke too... Then she asked me if I was ready for the test, before I was able to answer she said, you will be fine. I took the written, reading and civic test, which I passed, then she handed me the N 652 with option A checked and told me I should received a letter pretty soon for the oath ceremony. The whole interview didn't last more than 20 min. These were the questions she asked me:

1. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
2. Where is the Statue of Liberty?
3. Name two national U.S. holidays.
4. What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
5. Who is the Governor of your state now?
6. Who was the first President?

The sentence I had to read was, “Who first lived in the US?” or something like that
The sentence I had to write was, “American Indians lived here first.”
Hope to get the oath letter very soon.
Good luck to you all still waiting, we are almost there.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

Wow, LA DO is moving fast. Oath ceremony has been scheduled even though I requested a name change during the interview. Hopefully, the oath ceremony is this coming April 16, 2013. Good luck to you all!

"On April 5, 2013, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. "

Good luck to everyone!

Update:

Rule: 5 Year

11/28/12: N-400 mailed to AZ Lockbox
11/30/12: N-400 delivered
12/03/12: NOA received (Electronic)
12/08/12: NOA received (Snail Mail)
12/08/12: FP Notice Received
12/19/12: FP done
1/28/13: Placed in line for interview scheduling.
1/31/13: Interview scheduled
2/1/13: YL Recvd.
2/6/13: IL Recvd. - Interview scheduled for March 11th.
3/11/13: Interview Done- 'Passed'
3/13/13: Oath scheduling que
3/23/13: Oath Letter received - scheduled for April 4th
4/4/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"

Not ertes but I did the expedited and got it in 10 days .Certificate got returned 2 days after I got the passport. I made sure to make copies before sending it just in case.

Went to Interview yesterday. It was for 20 minutes. Basically IO went over the application and the background of my family, spouse, kids and so on. Basic questions and english writing. Finally she handed over the N 652 form - approval form.

here is my timeline.

DO: Los Angeles, CA
11/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11/20/12: N-400 delivered (Day 1)
11/23/12: NOA received on 11/28/12 (Accepted and Initial Review)
11/29/12: Per website, FP notice mailed (Day 9)
12/03/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/12/12)
12/05/12: FP done (Walk-in)
12/07/12: In-line for Interview Scheduling (Day 18)
01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 57)
03/01/13: Interview scheduled
03/07/13: IL Recvd.
04/08/13: Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Not ertes but I did the expedited and got it in 10 days .Certificate got returned 2 days after I got the passport. I made sure to make copies before sending it just in case.

Thanks!

By the way, how long it takes for you to receive your Oath Letter after the online status changed to scheduled for Oath ceremony?

On 4/5/2013, my online status was changed to Oath Ceremony scheduled (i.e NOT queue for Oath Ceremony). I was hoping that I could make it for the April 16 Oath Ceremony. Should I wait till end of this week before calling USCIS?

congrats!

By the way, did you apply for expedited passport? when did you receive your naturalization cert back?

Nope. Standard service. Applied for Passport book and Card on March 21st. Got them both (04.06 and 04.07).
Still waiting for certificate.

Thanks!

By the way, how long it takes for you to receive your Oath Letter after the online status changed to scheduled for Oath ceremony?

On 4/5/2013, my online status was changed to Oath Ceremony scheduled (i.e NOT queue for Oath Ceremony). I was hoping that I could make it for the April 16 Oath Ceremony. Should I wait till end of this week before calling USCIS?

It took a week or so.

Hello guys..happy to share my long road has finally reached my destination. I took the oath today at Oakland Paramount Theatre and became a US Citizen. It's been 13 long years. Good luck to all still waiting.

For those applying N400, just wanted to share u my experience. If you have ever been arrested, for whatever reason, make sure B4 you attend the interview (you will likely receive a yellow letter asking for documents of the arrest), go to your last 3 cities you have lived police department and obtain a police clearance letter. Also go to the court and obtain an offical court document that your case was dismissed, or no records found, etc. These have to be original and during the interview, you will likely have to produce the court discharge docs. For my case, I only had a police report of one incident where I spent a day in jail and that was when I got finger printed but no charges. So during the interview the IO asked me for a court document and also ask for police clearance. Anyway I got it within 1 week and mailed to the IO. I attended my interview on 11th. Given a N14 letter after interview. submitted the docs requested in the N14 letter and was approved for oath 1 week after I sent in the docs. Oath letter recd 29 Mar and attended oath today (Apr 9th).

Hi,

I received Oath Letter today. The Oath Ceremony is scheduled on April 16, 2013, 1.03pm at LA Convention Center. I still can't believe I can make it for the April 16, 2013 Oath Ceremony since I requested name change during the interview on April 1, 2013. TQ for the IO who interviewed me.

Anyway, my journey is almost coming to an end. It has been a long wait -over 5 years, and I look forward to a new chapter in my life as a USC.

Take care!

Hi,

I received Oath Letter today. The Oath Ceremony is scheduled on April 16, 2013, 1.03pm at LA Convention Center. I still can't believe I can make it for the April 16, 2013 Oath Ceremony since I requested name change during the interview on April 1, 2013. TQ for the IO who interviewed me.

Anyway, my journey is almost coming to an end. It has been a long wait -over 5 years, and I look forward to a new chapter in my life as a USC.

Take care!
congrats to you, your journey is almost over indeed. I wish they could speed up over at the Pittsburgh district as well, today is exactly one week since I had my interview and still no oath scheduled not even a change in status...nada! Really can't wait to get this over with...

Here is my timeline. Changed te Oath que status.

DO: Los Angeles, CA
11/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11/20/12: N-400 delivered (Day 1)
11/23/12: NOA received on 11/28/12 (Accepted and Initial Review)
11/29/12: Per website, FP notice mailed (Day 9)
12/03/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/12/12)
12/05/12: FP done (Walk-in)
12/07/12: In-line for Interview Scheduling (Day 18)
01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 57)
03/01/13: Interview scheduled
03/07/13: IL Recvd.
04/08/13: Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)
04/11/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Oath Ceremony

On April 12, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Oath Ceremony

On April 15, 2013, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.