November Bulletin Released

What stupid USCIS is going to do?
Seems like they have already left for vacation and no body want to work till next year...

No words to say .. I am really :mad: to see these dates..There should be little change in PDs...They are really going to screwed us badly..

WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION THEY WILL PROVIDE ON FRIDAY?
In November visa bulletin, I am refering to D.

D. EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILTIY
Information will be listed on Friday.

atllab said:

God Knows.

Maybe " The movement in cut-ff date will be very slow" :mad:

atllab said:

I guess the bulletin is dated oct 11 and they are talking about oct 14.........just a guess!

Nothing much can be expected before Jan

Guys and Gals,

Unless some Bill passes congress before Dec, I do not see any change in the dates till January. From whatever I have read thus far the DOS has indicated that they are not going to move the dates much in the first qtr (Oct-Dec) and have added that "slow" movement can be expected from Jan 06. What exactly "slow" movement means is anyones guess. I get the feeling that the only way out for most of us is for some Bill to be passed in Congress. At this rate another year will go by and nothing will happen. It is truly a disgusting situation that we have to deal with.

regards,

saras76

Who is gobbling up the EB visa quota for first quarter?

Just wondering who is gobbling up the EB visa quota for first quarter of the current year?

I think they have just halted everything ...

Dallas03096 said:
Just wondering who is gobbling up the EB visa quota for first quarter of the current year?

Dallas03096,

You raise a very good point. Although visa numbers may have been exhausted for fiscal year 05 there should still be a new quota of visa numbers for EB3s for fiscal year 06. What exactly is going on with these new visa numbers is a mystery. From what I have observed, there seem to be a good number of India EB3 from 01 and a lot from 02. I just cannot believe that there are so many EB3s from India before 98 that all the visa numbers have been taken up.

I think the DOS has just halted everything by throwing the dates back to 98. They are being very cautious and are probably monitoring the number of labor approvals coming out of the backlog centers to get an idea of exaclty how many old PD cases are going to flood the gates. By december they will have a good idea of this. If they don't then they will continue to keep the dates as far back as possible till they are able to get an idea.

What they fear is that if they bring the PD cutoff date to 2002 in December (for India EB3s) and then thousands upon thousands of 2000-2001 labor aprovals for Indian EB3s come pouring in around the same time or a little later, then they will be made to look like fools and will run the danger of giving out visa numbers to 2002 PDs as opposed to older cases that should technically get preference over newer PDs.

In the long term, this is a good strategy but people like us are caught in the crossfire of all these "supposed" improvement efforts. Even if this system improves dramatically in the future, we have already been screwed so these changes mean nothing to us. I can now confidently say that each and every department involved with this immigrations process has scrwed me over. First it was DOL which took almost three years to approve my labor, then it was USCIS that transferred my file to the wrong office and lost a bunch of other applications, finally the DOS stepped in to ensure my continued misery.

regards,

saras76

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish USCIS has a special quota of visa for us before opening the floodgates

Saras
Wish USCIS has a special quota of visa for the pending cases which have been processed before they open the floodgates for new cases!

saras76 said:
Dallas03096,
What they fear is that if they bring the PD cutoff date to 2002 in December (for India EB3s) and then thousands upon thousands of 2000-2001 labor aprovals for Indian EB3s come pouring in around the same time or a little later, then they will be made to look like fools and will run the danger of giving out visa numbers to 2002 PDs as opposed to older cases that should technically get preference over newer PDs.

regards,

saras76

My 2 cents:
I dont agree with this line of argument... The USCIS can change the PD at any point in time and introduce a new cut off date prior to what is in the Current Visa bulletin. For eg... No one stopped them from sending the cutoff dates from Jun/02 to as far back as Jan/98, who can stop them now.. So why stop processing cases which are already Labor approved. May be its just me but it appears more sinister to the logically inclined. From here on, I will give 750 bucks (EAD + AP, wife and mine) to USCIS (not to mention and equal amount to the lawyers) until approved. Get the point..

Anything is possible ...

hopefull1 said:
My 2 cents:
I dont agree with this line of argument... The USCIS can change the PD at any point in time and introduce a new cut off date prior to what is in the Current Visa bulletin. For eg... No one stopped them from sending the cutoff dates from Jun/02 to as far back as Jan/98, who can stop them now.. So why stop processing cases which are already Labor approved. May be its just me but it appears more sinister to the logically inclined. From here on, I will give 750 bucks (EAD + AP, wife and mine) to USCIS (not to mention and equal amount to the lawyers) until approved. Get the point..

hopefull1,

At this point we cannot rule out any possibility. None of us know excatly what is going on. All we know is that things are not looking to good at the present time. Lets keep an eye on things and see what happens next. Presently the USCIS is enjoying less workload and loads of money from EAD and AP approvals. Maybe they are trying to make up for the increasing budget deficit. As far as the government is concerned, we are the best source of money right now. Anything is possibe ... :)

regards,

saras76

Depressing predictions ..

Guys and Gals,

Below is what I read in one of the immigration websites. These comments are supposedly based on updates given by DOS to an AILA member.

Prediction of the visa movements:

December 2005: Just a small progress anticipated.

January-September 2006: Start moving but very slow. India and China will continue to experience no movement or extremely very slow movement

World-wide prediction next year: EB-1= C, EB-2=Cut-Off Date, EB-3=Slow movement

Schedule A: 38,000 recapture numbers are available and visa number for EX is expective to be "C" for the rest of the year.

Labor backlog cases of over 300,000 may affect further negatively.

Not sure about this ...

chakor said:
Saras76,
What about Eb2 (India). I might have missed what you were saying

Not sure about EB2 but its not going to be much better from what people are saying. Our only hope now is for immigration reforum through legislation.

regardsm

saras

Immigration relief provision is our best bet for now

The immigration relief provision being discussed tomorrow is our best bet.
Lets pray it gets signed into law soon.

If India votes with US against Iran in security council in November, then we can expect better movement :)