November 30 RD RFE Issued. Need some Advice

tiger100

Registered Users (C)
A RFE has been issued for both my spouse's and my I-485 application on April 11 2003. Neither me nor my lawyer have received the RFE letter yet. Nevertheless I would like to get started on collecting the possible documents that I may need to respond to the RFE. Looks like copies of prior years tax returns seems to be on most RFEs. I would appreciate any input that you guys/gals may have in getting this. From some of the previous posts I learnt that this can be got from a local IRS office. It seems that you could get copies of prior tax returns(including attachments) by filling out a form and it usually takes 2 months the other alternative is to get the transcripts which are a lot quicker to get. Which one - the copy or the transcript is the right document to submit? What are the experiences of people submitting them. If attached schedules are mentioned explicitly on the RFE, can the transcripts be submitted?

I would really appreciate input from everyone.

Thanks.

A Xerox copy of your returns will do. If you earned interest etc, you would have already attached a copy of that form to your return, and hopefully you have Xerox'ed the same.

If anyone else thinks otherwise, please let us know...

Thanks,
RD 11/20/01
EAC-02-063-5....

vashi17-
That is what I was thinking of earlier(i.e. Xeroxing) but from a lot of prior post it looks like people are talking about getting this from the IRS office. However I did not see a conclusive answer on any of the threads. Infact on one of the earlier posts one member has posted that after he/she replied to the RFE with copies of the the tax returns, the case was transfered to a local office. I am not sure if the copies trigger the transfer or something else.

Still the issue remains! I am thinking may people have got tax return RFE and I wonder what they have submitted?