November 2009 family based filers, post here

Phil, thanks for your response. Please post on this forum when you get your IL. Hope that happens soon!
I need to make some travel plans and it would be good to get some idea of when the interview might happen.

Congratulations to everyone who got their GC and all the best to those whose interview is coming up!

Well - wouldn't you know it we just got the interview letter today for March 10. Hope yours in the mail as well!

Up dating signature...

Nov 17th Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
Nov 19th Package received
Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview

Congratulations alboto - huge sighs of relief all around I'm sure!

I know immig_geek is on Wednesday - anyone else interviewing this week??

congrats joss and alboto.
u guys are finally done..
let's hope the rest of our processes end up like yours :)

Hi guys!!!I just got back from my interview.We got there at about 10:45 although the interview was scheduled for 11:30 am.We waited in the waiting area for about twenty minutes before we were called (by this time I thought I was about to pass out because I was so nervous)But my Husband held my hand and we followed the IO.The IO was in his late 30's early 40's.At first he was extremely serious but I greeted him with a smile and after that he was friendly and began joking with my Husband and I.After we were sworn in he asked my husband two question (My birth-date and the date of our anniversary)My Husband got them both wrong due to him being more nervous than I was then and actually said it out loud so the IO replied "I hope have a really great valentines day present for your wife"or else you'll be in hot water!!

The Io then asked me my Husband's birth-date and I answered correctly.He turned to my Husband and said "I think you're going to be sleeping on the couch tonight.He then asked for my passport and for proof that my husband And I share a life together.I handed over our bank account information ,photo album and tax receipt.As he opened the album he realized that my husband and I have been together since we were teenagers (16) and the deal breaker was the fact that we have a three Year old Daughter together.Afterwards came the Yes or no questions.He then told us that my case was approved.

Overall it was a pretty good experience .I'm so thankful for this forum and for all the members!Good luck to everyone who have upcoming interviews.God Bless!

updating:
Today I received green card
WOW!!!
that was fast!!!
Thanks A LOT for help!!!

Hi guys!!!I just got back from my interview.We got there at about 10:45 although the interview was scheduled for 11:30 am.We waited in the waiting area for about twenty minutes before we were called (by this time I thought I was about to pass out because I was so nervous)But my Husband held my hand and we followed the IO.The IO was in his late 30's early 40's.At first he was extremely serious but I greeted him with a smile and after that he was friendly and began joking with my Husband and I.After we were sworn in he asked my husband two question (My birth-date and the date of our anniversary)My Husband got them both wrong due to him being more nervous than I was then and actually said it out loud so the IO replied "I hope have a really great valentines day present for your wife"or else you'll be in hot water!!

The Io then asked me my Husband's birth-date and I answered correctly.He turned to my Husband and said "I think you're going to be sleeping on the couch tonight.He then asked for my passport and for proof that my husband And I share a life together.I handed over our bank account information ,photo album and tax receipt.As he opened the album he realized that my husband and I have been together since we were teenagers (16) and the deal breaker was the fact that we have a three Year old Daughter together.Afterwards came the Yes or no questions.He then told us that my case was approved.

Overall it was a pretty good experience .I'm so thankful for this forum and for all the members!Good luck to everyone who have upcoming interviews.God Bless!

Congratulations! Great news!!

My wife's interview details.
We arrived at the interview room by 9:20 for our 9:45 appointment time. We were called in by a young Asian Female IO, very pleasant.
She did the initial formalities and proceeded to check our marriage certificate, my wife's H1b documents, and some yes/no questions. She asked for our daughter's birth certificate. We did not have one from the county yet. So I clarified why I didn't get one from the county(still deciding on our daughter's middle name). She saw my daughter's photo book. I offered to show her our wedding albums, she said "NO" and complimented that we were well prepared. She verified my naturalization certificate.
She finally completed the interview and said that she need to verify some more facts before approving and it will happen at the end of the day today. We were out at 10:10. She said my wife will get her GC in 30 days. Overall it was pretty fast and simple. She went through all the documentation I submitted before, but didn't ask for much from the stuff I bought to the interview.

Huge congratulations immig_geek and sunshinepretty!

Joss, congrats to you on finally getting the card in your hand! I'm hoping (probably unrealistically) it comes today.

Did anybody had an interview on Feb 10th in Newark, NJ? Mine got re-scheduled due to the weather conditions. Immig_geek what was your DO?

Quick question:

When going in for the finger print does the immigrant and the citizen spouse both have to be there?

Rid_prag