November 2009 family based filers, post here

Had my interview yesterday & my GC has been approved

My interview was scheduled at 10:30 AM but just to be on the safe side we reached the Albany DO by 10:00 AM. The weather was badd.We went through the security screening and was surprised to notice, we were the only couple waiting for the interview in the waiting room.Albany DO office was almost empty..We had all our evidence & supporting docs in two two laptop bags, the security guy took those bags during the screening process.

At 10:30 AM, we were called into the office by a woman, she was around 45 yrs old. She made as take a oath before we sat down.Looks like she already went through our case couple of times before she called us in for the interview. The first question she asked me was "How come your residential address is in upstate, NY while you work in Long Island?". She was pretty satisfied with my answer.And then she asked if I have any other evidence. I gave her the following docs

1. Joint Checkin acct statements (She asked me for how long did we have this account)
2. Joint Credit Card Statements
3. Joint Auto loan doc & payment book
4. Utility Bills( Cable,Phone & internet)
5. Joint Cell Phone statment
6. She took a copy of my kids birth certificate
7. I had a couple of emails, which i exchanged with my wife since 2002. She took an email from each year saying that she wants to see a continuity in our relationship. She was a making a note of the dates on the email printouts.

She asked me & my wife the following questions
1. Where do you work?
2. How did you guys meet?
3. Do you have a lease agreement?( I didn have one)
4. She asked me If I drive from LI to upstate, Ny whenever I visit my family
5. She asked my wife, if she stays home to take care of the kid or if she is working or studying?
6. She asked me for my Visa status and whether I still work for the same company which sponsered me to US
And finally she asked me & my wife the usual "Yes/No" questions

And then she asked me if I have anything else to show her. I gave her the photo albums which contained pics of our marriage, honeymoon & vacation trips.At this point she said " I dont have to look at anything else, I am pretty sure that you guys are married for real.You guys did all the right things". She said that she was going to approve my case and since we were married for more than 2 yrs, I'll be getting a GC for 10 yrs, but I can apply for citizenship after 3 yrs, if i want to.

My interview lasted for about 30 mins and my IO was soo focused on what she was doing, she did a laugh a couple of times. All in all it was good interview & last nite , I got an email from USCIS which said "Card Production has been ordered" wohooooo..It took us less than 3 months.Thx for all support, Guys...Hope the best of everyone else in this group.

District Office - Albany, NY
11/04/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765) by USPS
11/05/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered
11/10/09: Day 6 - Received NOA
Case Status: Initial review
11/20/09: Day 16 - Received Notice for FP on 12/04
12/04/09 : Day 30: FP Done. I 765 touched
12/07/09 : Day 33: I 765 touched again
12/21/09 : Day 47: Received IL
01/05/10: Day 62 : I 131-Advance Parole Approved
01/08/10: Day 65 : EAD Card production ordered
01/25/10 : Day 82: Interview..Case approved

CONGRATULATIONS Joss! I kept coming back all day yesterday looking for an update from you, LOL.

There was hardly anyone there when I went to Albany for my FP, either.

That seems like a pretty long interview she gave you though, yikes! Going by accounts here I was expecting more like 15 minutes. Were you very nervous?

Did you have the baby with you? Did she make any comment on that? How long have you and DW been married - I'm kicking myself at not sending more emails to DH now, LOL!

CONGRATULATIONS Joss! I kept coming back all day yesterday looking for an update from you, LOL.

There was hardly anyone there when I went to Albany for my FP, either.

That seems like a pretty long interview she gave you though, yikes! Going by accounts here I was expecting more like 15 minutes. Were you very nervous?

Did you have the baby with you? Did she make any comment on that? How long have you and DW been married - I'm kicking myself at not sending more emails to DH now, LOL!

Sorry to have kept you waiting for the update, Irish Export.

Yea..it was a pretty long interview..I was a lil nervous but was cofident because our marriage is genuine. I have known my wife since 2002 & we got married in 2007. Our baby was with us but she was sleeping most of the time, which was a good thing.

I am sure you will be fine, you guys have been married for 8 yrs with 3 kids...no one can fake tht..Hope the best for you

My interview was scheduled at 10:30 AM but just to be on the safe side we reached the Albany DO by 10:00 AM. The weather was badd.We went through the security screening and was surprised to notice, we were the only couple waiting for the interview in the waiting room.Albany DO office was almost empty..We had all our evidence & supporting docs in two two laptop bags, the security guy took those bags during the screening process.

At 10:30 AM, we were called into the office by a woman, she was around 45 yrs old. She made as take a oath before we sat down.Looks like she already went through our case couple of times before she called us in for the interview. The first question she asked me was "How come your residential address is in upstate, NY while you work in Long Island?". She was pretty satisfied with my answer.And then she asked if I have any other evidence. I gave her the following docs

1. Joint Checkin acct statements (She asked me for how long did we have this account)
7. I had a couple of emails, which i exchanged with my wife since 2002. She took an email from each year saying that she wants to see a continuity in our relationship. She was a making a note of the dates on the email printouts.

1. Where do you work?
5. She asked my wife, if she stays home to take care of the kid or if she is working or studying?
6. She asked me for my Visa status and whether I still work for the same company which sponsered me to US

And then she asked me if I have anything else to show her. I gave her the photo albums which contained pics of our marriage, honeymoon & vacation trips.At this point she said " I dont have to look at anything else, I am pretty sure that you guys are married for real.You guys did all the right things". She said that she was going to approve my case and since we were married for more than 2 yrs, I'll be getting a GC for 10 yrs, but I can apply for citizenship after 3 yrs, if i want to.

My interview lasted for about 30 mins and my IO was soo focused on what she was doing, she did a laugh a couple of times. All in all it was good interview & last nite , I got an email from USCIS which said "Card Production has been ordered" wohooooo..It took us less than 3 months.Thx for all support, Guys...Hope the best of everyone else in this group.

Congratulations Joss. We have a 5 month old baby and I am contemplating whether we should take her to the interview.

Did anyone here who filed AOS based on family (parents) rather than based on marriage have an interview already? I seems most of you filed AOS based on marriage. Although I appreciate your feedback on the forum, I am eager to find more information from who had an interview based on family or relatives excluding spouse.
If you are one of them, please share your experience. Thank you in advance.

Hello!

Hello November filers - I wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm originally an August filer, but due to interview re-scheduling, I'm on the same time-line as you all.

My interview is February 1. I look forward to hearing about your [successful] interviews!

Congratulations Joss!

1. Where do you work?

EAD card - waiting

Anyone awaiting EAD get it today?.....I am still waiting.

Hi DreamCatcher74,

I am very anxious waiting for my EAD card AND my IL. That's all I want when I get home at the end of the day is to find something on the mail. One more day today and nothing... so frustrating... It has been 70 days we have filed our papers.

Nov 17th Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
Nov 19th Package received
Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h

Hi DreamCatcher74,

I am very anxious waiting for my EAD card AND my IL. That's all I want when I get home at the end of the day is to find something on the mail. One more day today and nothing... so frustrating... It has been 70 days we have filed our papers.

Nov 17th Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
Nov 19th Package received
Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h

Hi misspriss80!

I am the same way! Anxiously checking the mail box everyday. Our EAD emails are exactly the same.
I got the interview letter on 1/19.

Maybe tomorrow it will arrive!

Good luck! Let's keep each other posed!

Congratulations Joss. We have a 5 month old baby and I am contemplating whether we should take her to the interview.

My kid is 13 month old & its pretty hard to leave a kid soo young with a baby sitter. I'd suggest you to take your kid to the interview..i see no harm in it.I am sure the IO will understand...

We were interviewed today and approved.
We were scheduled at 11:27 and we reached Chicago office around 10:55. We were called by young officer around 11:20. He did not smile was but professional. He sworn us first and started the questions. How did we met? Does my wife still go to school? then all the "no" questions. He then asked for proof of co-habitation. We handed over the lease, bills, insurances, etc. Then he told us she was approved and the card will be mailed within 10 days.

I was very nervous because my wife was out of status student and she applied once before listening to a bad agent. After years of prayers, God comforted us and answered our prayers!

We were given anything in paper except the verbal approval at this moment. But I think it should be ok.

This forum is great. Thanks naas for starting this thread. Thanks for all the good advise thomas_su, al Souther, jack and others provided. You guys rock!

Wish everyone the best in your coming interviews!

congrats joss and chicagovc. i hope everyones interview go as smoothly as yours did.
i wonder what happened with alboto?