November 2008 filers

map1map, thanks for sharing your experience. I got notice back in Dec that my requests got transfered to CSC for speedy processing. But we didn't have any FP. Anyway, still waiting...

Same case here, called the USCIS and they have placed a service request, my details dont even appear online.

Same case here, called the USCIS and they have placed a service request, my details dont even appear online.

I've got today a letter from USCIS, the letter is dated January 13, the infopass was on 12, and the service request was placed on December 26th.

The letter says:

"Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their Local Applications Support Center. We are unable to determine how soon you should receive the Appointment Notice. Biometrics appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Applications Support Centers and some Centers have a waiting period of three to six months. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Applications Support Center. You must take the Appointment Notice that you receive with you to your appointment."

Overload, yeah, right...

nowwhat2005,
I know that you have called FBI for your finger print status, I wonder how you convinced them to tell you if the finger print is OK or rejected. I called, but they didn't tell me the result, just told me the result had been sent to USCIS in xx date.please kindly advise.

DO San Francisco, CA

11/06/2008 Mailed I-130/485/131/765 to Chicago Lockbox
11/09/2008 Received
11/20/2008 Check Cashed

11/28/2008 NOA
11/28/2008 Notice Date for Fingerprint Appointment
12/04/2008 Fingerprint Taken

12/23/2008 NOA (Fingerprint Re-taken Request)
(details: "FBI was unable to process your fingerprint card. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken with no additional expense to you.")

01/12/2009 Called FBI: 2nd Fingerprints were rejected again
01/13/2009 I-131 Approval notice sent & I-765 EAD Card production ordered.

Cllin123,
Normally they won't tell you. I called a few times and one of the agents was very nice and told me the result. But, actually there is another thing you can do. Go to your profile on USCIS website. If your fingerprint is okay, usually you will see your online status got changed within one week. Otherwise, there is a good chance, you will have to do it again. Good luck!

nowwhat2005,
I know that you have called FBI for your finger print status, I wonder how you convinced them to tell you if the finger print is OK or rejected. I called, but they didn't tell me the result, just told me the result had been sent to USCIS in xx date.please kindly advise.

Good news!

Checked my status today and the LUD was yesterday (1/15) for the EAD and AP. Both have been approved! Yay :)

Good luck to everyone else!

Update status
-----------------------------------
11/24/08 : Application sent for Parents(I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/26/08: USPS delivered per tracking
11/26/08 : Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 : Notice Date(ND)
12/08/08 : Notice Of Action-NOA Received (total 4 of I-797C for each parent)
12/18/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/27/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Appointment & Done for both Parents
01/06/09 : Re-appointment for FP for Dad (1st FP was rejected)
01/15/09 : Re-FP appointment & done for Dad
??/??/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Approved
??/??/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Received
??/??/09 : Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered
??/??/09 : EAD card received
??/??/09 : Green Card(GC) ordered -485 Approved
??/??/09 : GC received

Thanks for your reply, in your case, does the online profile updated to 'retake finger print' something? I notice that your EAD has been ordered and your 2nd FP rejected,I wonder if they really require finger print to process the EAD. I wonder what people can do if the 2nd FP is rejected again.

Cllin123,
Normally they won't tell you. I called a few times and one of the agents was very nice and told me the result. But, actually there is another thing you can do. Go to your profile on USCIS website. If your fingerprint is okay, usually you will see your online status got changed within one week. Otherwise, there is a good chance, you will have to do it again. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, in your case, does the online profile updated to 'retake finger print' something? I notice that your EAD has been ordered and your 2nd FP rejected,I wonder if they really require finger print to process the EAD. I wonder what people can do if the 2nd FP is rejected again.

If the second set of finger prints are also rejected, according to http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/fingerprints.html you may be asked to provide police clearance for each place you have lived in the past 5 years.

------------------------------------------
November 21 2008: Documentation sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
November 25 2008: Delivered by Fedex
December 05 2008: Checks cashed
December 09 2008: NOA received for I-130, I-485, I-765
December 11 2008: Cases appear online
December 15 2008: Biometrics Notice Received
December 16 2008: Biometrics completed (Walk in )
December 16 2008: LUD on I-130, I-485, I-765
December 17 2008: Another LUD on I-485 and I-765

No. My I-485 LUD on my online profile has not been updated and the msg is still "case received and pending". I suspect they don't need the fingerprint for processing EAD. Also, I think I will be given the 3rd NOA for fingerprints, otherwise I should see a REF msg on my profile if they request a police clearance certificate instead.

Hope that helps.

Status - Marriage-based GC
----------------------------------------------------------
11/8/08 (Day 0) - Sent 130,485,325A,693,864,765 to Chicago
11/10/08 (Day 2)- Received
11/18/08 (Day 10)- Notice Date & Checks Cashed
12/1/08 (Day 23)- FP Notice Received
12/9/08 (Day 31)- FP Completed
12/11/08 (Day 33) - Cases (I485,I765) appear online
01/09/09 - LUD (Day 62) - EAD Card Production Ordered.
01/20/09 (Day 73) - EAD Received (& LUD - I765 Approval Notice Sent)

Last edited by a moderator:
map1map, Congrats! Finally... I am still waiting... Did your online status change?

Thanks!

No, nothing changes until Bio are taken. A few days after (one or two days), your applications will get an LUD, about 3 weeks later you'll receive emails of I765 approval and notices of card production order (at this time the application statis changed for the I765). About 4-5 weeks and the EAD is in the mail. The interview letter, that Should be in the mail about 6 weeks after the Bio appointment, for an interview about 3 months from the date of Bio. That's how I see many applicants go...

BTW, did you make a service request? How about an infopass? I had the infopass on January 12, on January 15th I got a letter in response to the service request (dated January 13th and issued by the Chicago office...right one day after the infopass...) and January 15th was day the Bio appointment was issued (just 3 days after the infopass... see the pattern?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how long it takes from the time that the AP status changes to approved until the time you get the actual travel documents?

map1map, Thanks for sharing and Congrats again! I have made a service request but not an info pass. Hopefully to have good news to share soon!

So, was I right or wrong about your EAD?:) Congrats!

You were right! :D

Everything is going so smoothly for me in this process. Things never go this smoothly for me. I'm just waiting for the hiccup that is bound to happen but I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't.

Wishing best of luck to everyone else in this process! :cool:

DO San Francisco, CA

11/06/2008 Mailed I-130/485/131/765 to Chicago Lockbox
11/09/2008 Received
11/20/2008 Check Cashed

11/28/2008 NOA
11/28/2008 Notice Date for Fingerprint Appointment
12/04/2008 Fingerprint Taken

12/23/2008 NOA (Fingerprint Re-taken Request)
(details: "FBI was unable to process your fingerprint card. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken with no additional expense to you.")

01/12/2009 Called FBI: 2nd Fingerprints were rejected again
01/13/2009 I-131 Approval notice sent & I-765 EAD Card production ordered.

01/22/2009 AP received but with an error. [Called USCIS customer services. Has to reapply :( ]
01/22/2009 I-131 resubmitted.