November - 2004 CSC Trackers - Concurrent Filing

As far as I know it does not affect EB2.

I got this clarified from my lawyer. This only applies to EB3 category because of regression of EB3 dates. Since 485 cannot be applied till priority dates are current, it probably doesn't make sense to have concurrent processing.
So as far as I know it does not affect EB2 category.

love_usa said:
Substiture labor - EB2
140 RD - Oct 28, 2004
485 RD - Nov 2, 2004
485 ND - Nov 15, 2004
485 LUD - Dec 4, 2004
FP1 done - Dec 4, 2004
AP approved - Jan 5, 2005
EAD approved - Jan 11, 2005
140 approval, 485 approval - pending

On a related note, does anyone know what this means to EB2 concurrent filers, who filed before Dec 29th 2004:

"Effective Dec29th, 2004 Concurrent adjudication has been cancelled"

How long the EAD and AP stay valid

For the lucky guys who got the EAD and AP recently, I have a question: how long can they stay valid before you have to renew them, somebody said 1 year, and some body said 3-5 years, which is correct?

Thank you

Strange Message

Hi,
My wife's EAD and AP and 485 is updated with the following text. Let me know if you know what it means

"On January 6, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." Does it mean it is RFE?

Hi Imran..
Mine was filed on Nov-3.. Does it mean that my AP / EAD also approved.. as I am into a situation my lawyer did not give any tracking information to me...

pls let me know when they were actually approved and when did u get the email and and when u actually received the AP / EAD documents..

I am planning for my vacation in february...

thanks

imranq said:
Hi,

I am also a November case. My EAD was approved yesterday.
Here are my details:

Labor Priority Date: Dec 21, 2001
140/485/EAD/AP Receipt Date: Nov 4, 2004
Finger Prints Done: Dec 1, 2004
FingerPrints Cleared: Dec 6, 2004
EAD Approved: Jan 4, 2004
AP: ?
140: ?
485: ?

EAD approved

update mine:

EAD approved 1/12
I-131 AP approved 1/05

waiting on I-140/485 now

EB2 concurrent CSC

RD 10/29/2004
ND 11/09/2004
FP 11/15/2004
FP Done 11/17/2004
485 LUD 11/25/2004

zima2004 said:
For the lucky guys who got the EAD and AP recently, I have a question: how long can they stay valid before you have to renew them, somebody said 1 year, and some body said 3-5 years, which is correct?

Thank you

The validity is only 1 year for both AP and EAD.
To top it all my lawyer suggests that we should start the renewall 4 months before the expiration date.

This means that in 8 months we have to take lot of pictures and spend more $ on application.
This paperwork nightmare will not end soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
sunnycal said:
I got this clarified from my lawyer. This only applies to EB3 category because of regression of EB3 dates. Since 485 cannot be applied till priority dates are current, it probably doesn't make sense to have concurrent processing.
So as far as I know it does not affect EB2 category.

Thanks for sharing this info sunnycal!

AP Approval email.

I got an email today that my AP was approved.

Filed concurrently in EB2 (MS + 1 year)
LC filed: 04/2002
LC Approved: 09/2004
I-140/485 Rd: 10/27/2004
I-140/485 Nd: 11/02/2004
FP Nd: 12/01/2004
Early FP done: 11/20/2004
LUD on 1485: 11/25/2004: Finger prints received.
LUD on I-140 11/03/2004: Basically when received.
I-765 (EAD) AD : 01/04/2005
Advance Parole: 01/12/2005
I140 priority date is somewhere in year 2000 or 2001 (claiming old priority date)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard nothing...

Hi All, My attorney had sent my I485/140 more than 2 weeks back and she says that she has heard nothing regarding the receipt date. Could anyone tell me what is the process in the sense that when will the attorney recieve the Recpt date and/or Notice date?
Thanks much for your time.

Hi sunnycal,

Have you received the AP approval through post ?
My AP was approved on 11th Jan 2005 and I got a mail on 12th mentioning that an approval has been mailed.
"This case has been approved. On January 11, 2005, an approval notice was mailed"

Then on 17th Jan, I got another mail stating that :
"
On January 14, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.
".

I am yet to receive anything at all. So, I was getting concerned whether it has been lost in the email.
What was your experience ?

Thanks
gcsfo.

sunnycal said:
I got an email today that my AP was approved.

Filed concurrently in EB2 (MS + 1 year)
LC filed: 04/2002
LC Approved: 09/2004
I-140/485 Rd: 10/27/2004
I-140/485 Nd: 11/02/2004
FP Nd: 12/01/2004
Early FP done: 11/20/2004
LUD on 1485: 11/25/2004: Finger prints received.
LUD on I-140 11/03/2004: Basically when received.
I-765 (EAD) AD : 01/04/2005
Advance Parole: 01/12/2005
I140 priority date is somewhere in year 2000 or 2001 (claiming old priority date)

Received updates lately

I have been patiently waiting for any updates from USCIS. I submitted my application for 140/485/AP/EAD in late November, and the ND was 11/30/04. BTY, I am in EB2 cat.

Up to now, nothing comes, including FP notice. I read from the December 04 Concurrent Thread, the December applicants received their FP notices already. Can your guru tell me what possibly happened on my case? Could you share your experience on this?

Thanks,

gcsfo,

I got similar eamil for my AP on 1/19/2005. I don't think we should worry anything.

gcsfo said:
Hi sunnycal,

My AP was approved on 11th Jan 2005 and I got a mail on 12th mentioning that an approval has been mailed.
"This case has been approved. On January 11, 2005, an approval notice was mailed"

"
On January 14, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.
".

I am yet to receive anything at all. So, I was getting concerned whether it has been lost in the email.

Thanks
gcsfo.

tlbb said:
I have been patiently waiting for any updates from USCIS. I submitted my application for 140/485/AP/EAD in late November, and the ND was 11/30/04. BTY, I am in EB2 cat.

Up to now, nothing comes, including FP notice. I read from the December 04 Concurrent Thread, the December applicants received their FP notices already. Can your guru tell me what possibly happened on my case? Could you share your experience on this?

Thanks,
I am in the same boat as you.

Hi gcsfo,

As of yesterday I have not received my advanced parole in the mail. They say they have mailed it on the 14th of Jan.
I will update this thread as soon as I receive it.

Good luck to us all!

S

gcsfo said:
Hi sunnycal,

"
".

Thanks
gcsfo.

sunnycal said:
Hi gcsfo,

As of yesterday I have not received my advanced parole in the mail. They say they have mailed it on the 14th of Jan.
I will update this thread as soon as I receive it.

Good luck to us all!

S

Did you check with your attorny's office, sometimes AP goes to the attorny's office.

Ap

Thanks beemer,

I will check that. I spoke to my attorney yesterday and they didn't mention anything.
Also noticed that the message says it was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.
I am just happy that it has been approved, no plans to travel or anything so not concerned. Just nice to know that there is some movement.

There is no change in LUD for me since I filed I-140. It is stuck at 11/03, some people are seeing lots of updates on their application.

S

beemer said:
Did you check with your attorny's office, sometimes AP goes to the attorny's office.

Got AP in mail. EAD approved

Hi sunnycal,

I too got my AP in the mail yesterday. Kind of relieved.

And today morning, I saw the approval mails for the EAD as well. I will update the forum when it arrives.

I checked with my attorney. They do not receive copies of the AP and EAD, it seems.

I have a question now. The AP shows a column for getting a stamp from immigration officer. Some friends said that we should go to the local INS office and get it stamped.
The assumption is that it is safer and likely to cause less problems at POE. But my attorney says that is not needed.

Have you heard anything to this effect ?

Thanks
gcsfo

AP Stamp

I haven't heard about that. I would just go by what the attorney says. I will ask mine if I can.
If you are planning on travelling on it and if you are concerned about it then you then you should post it to a wider audience.

Good weekend to everyone :),
S

gcsfo said:
Hi sunnycal,

I too got my AP in the mail yesterday. Kind of relieved.
Have you heard anything to this effect ?

Thanks
gcsfo