November 2001 - Tracker

When did you get your Proesess resumed after FP? How long it takes to get the FP message changed in Nebraska? My FP was done in June 25th and the Nebraska message still says sent for FP in April 10th....
Thanks,

Same here -
RD - 11/02/01
FP - 04/25/02 (Recd)
05/30/02 (Done)
No update in AVM ! Still says Notice for FP sent !!

Received 2nd EAD (renewed) Last month.

Same here -
RD - 11/02/01
FP - 04/25/02 (Recd)
05/30/02 (Done)
No update in AVM ! Still says Notice for FP sent !!

Received 2nd EAD (renewed) Last month.

NSC does not always update the Automatic Message System on a timely basis -

My wife and I went to the Center in Detroit for both our FPs on April 19, 2001. One month later when I called with my wife's LIN number it said her FP was receipted on April 24, 2001 and that processing had resumed on this case - But when I punched in my LIN it said an FP notice went out to you on March blah,Blah, Blah... It took a good 3 months for my LIN to reflect my FP receipt date (April 24, 2001).

So hang tight, dont panic and keep checking .... I am sure they will get around to updating your information eventually!!!

Nov Dates

RD : NOV 11th '01
ND : NOV 30th '01
FP : MAY 17th '02

Online status still says that fingerprinting notice has been sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just talked to my lawyer yesterday. He mentioned that since I filed I-485 for my wife and myself on the same application, because our marriage is less than two years when INS process our case, we will probably get interview notice from local INS which will delay three+ more months when the others applied same time as us already get Green Card approval.
That means if the target date for Nov 2001 applicants is around Feb 2003, we will get Green Card approval around May 2003. :(

IHSIN

Did you mean you applied on the same day or did you mean on application had you both on it?

I did not know if you could have two people on one application.

Did you mean that if the marriage is < 2years than everyone has to go through interview?

Please clarify your post.
Thanks

gcoct,
Let's put this way, my wife's green card is contingent on my approval. If I don't get GC, my wife cannot get it either.
It should clarify what I posted.
Also, my lawyer said when they start to process your case (depends on your receipt date), if your marriage < 2yrs, INS will send your case to your local INS for interview process. INS will resume processing your case thereafter which will at least cause you 3 months delay.
You might consult your lawyer to confirm this as well.

Regards

The < 2 years time frame may not be true. My friend recently got approved and he has been married for about a year. However I guess the possibility of the case being xferred to local office is high if you are married closer to your I-485 filing ( RD ). I am not sure what percentage of people get Xfered. Anybody has any inputs on this ??

prang,
Can you tell us more about the status of your friend? Did your friend's spouse also get the GC at the same time as your friend? You said your friend married about a year, when did your friend file I-485? and when he got approved?

Thanks for your response.

I think my friend's RD was Aug 17th. As of date only he has been approved and not his wife. Which to me is not a big deal as long as the primary applicant is approved. I know of other cases where the spouse was approved 3 months later.

Any idea of NSC for Nov RDs

RD: 11/07/01
ND: 11/28/01
FP: 04/23/02
AP, EAD renewed 12/20

Heard earlier this month that they were processing Aug-Oct'01 NDs.... until ofcouse the 2 week freeze for computer updates for FBI feedback. Rumor is that they have resumed processing...
Anybody heard anything more.....?