Nov 5th, 2002 I-485 Receipt Date

harrapatta2002

Registered Users (C)
Nov 5th, 2002 I-485 Receipt Date Nebeaska Service Center

Hello. all.

I would like to know, given my receipt date when can i expect passport stamping to occur. This is for Nebeaska Service Center.
Any advise would be appreciated. When I check status on INS website using my LIN no it says it takes around 570-600 days for this case. So theoritically it should be July 2004......Is this Estimate then correct, or can this numbers change....on thier websites?

Can anyone give some facts data of known cases for receipt dates and date of stamping for Nebraska,,,please post these details.

People I appreciate your responses and enjoy the occasional humour, in your notes..:))-Keep it going guys...we will pass through this...."ONE DAY"

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend

You are way far to think about your passport stamping. I say may be sometime in late 2005 if you are lucky.

Optimistic

Don't do that. Don't scare him. Har, you should be able to get your passport stamped before 2005, given the US economy will regain speed around mid 2004.

harrapatta2002,

Prepare yourself for a year's wait at least. Don't micro manage the process, like checking online status everyday or so for the next 6-8 months.

If you move, just make sure that you update your address if you may.

Who knows, INS may surprise us all by moving fast in Fiscal 2004.

I would like to reiterate what I wrote in various postings earlier, there is no science behind BCIS's working.

When I filed my case in Nov'01 the message used to be that it is taking between 270 to 300 days to process such cases. The estimated time has gone north ever since. I'm yet to see my approval though I've gone much beyond 600 days. Also, I know couple of my friends and seen some cases on rupnet who filed during the same timeframe and have their passports stampped already (I mean long ago). There are many a cases pending for Jan'01 and some cases approved for Jan'03.

So, I guess its pure and simple luck as when your file is picked up for process, what kind of RFE you get and how much loaded is the officer who looking at your case and and and and ...... add couple of thousand more reasons.

I would just keep my fingres crossed and hope for the best.

Yes, I agree with thukral…harapatta keep your fingers crossed at least for a year now…and from Oct 2004…start visiting the temple of harapatta…e.g. immigration.com at least 4to5times a day…you will find so many devotees like us waiting without any queue….good luck buddy….