Nov 2003 filer eventually got I140 approved

gc_nov_2003

Registered Users (C)
Good news. Concurrent NSC Nov 2003 filer eventually got I140 approved yesterday and got the notification email just now. 26 months waitting, finally got it. No news for I485 yet. I finally got out of the security review hole also, 2 weeks back, my attorney got notification from INS that my security checking is clear.

Wanted to share this good news with the forum. Thanks for the forum to keep me up.

concurrent NSC filer
------------------
I140 ND: Nov 2003
I485 ND: Nov 2003
First Finger Print: May 2004
Code 3 biometrics: Nov 2005
I140 AD: 01/18/2006
I485 AD: pending

Congrajulations. Seeing cases like urs and bmt74's getting attention, I hope mine also gets their attention soon.

My hearty congratulations gc_nov_2003 !!. I am sure you are celebrating it !!
Good luck on your I-485.

sensat, you are going to hear the good news next !!!

How come?

congra!! But on their website for the past several months, it shows they are processing cases submitted in 2005. Why your so late?

gc_nov_2003 said:
Good news. Concurrent NSC Nov 2003 filer eventually got I140 approved yesterday and got the notification email just now. 26 months waitting, finally got it. No news for I485 yet. I finally got out of the security review hole also, 2 weeks back, my attorney got notification from INS that my security checking is clear.

Wanted to share this good news with the forum. Thanks for the forum to keep me up.

concurrent NSC filer
------------------

Thanks, Guys.

Thanks, guys. The best wishes to you guys too. We are the unluckiest people for I140 cases in the world. When I heard the security checking was clear, and the INS was going to adjudicate my I140 cases. I can't hold the tears in my eyes. 26 months's waitting on I140 drives me crazy. What a relief!!

abeshaw,

I guess you are a new user to this foum. The dates you see on the CIS website means nothing (at least in our case). They put our cases on hold -- citing security review as the reason (more background checks). Everyone knows that is not the real reason. Some lazy officers did not care to adjudicate our cases, hence our cases were dumped on a corner at NSC for more than 2 years. We have taken every possible step to expedite the process such as contacting senator, congressmen, letters to FBI and NSC director etc...But nothing worked.

Honestly, we are trying to enjoy this moment after a long wait. Please refrain from posting silly questions at this time.

gc_nov2003

My Hearty Congratulations

bmt for u too

Sensat,bmt

i got a reply from my senator my name check has been initiate in dec2004 and has been cleared some time in jun2005.
But my file is in security area(dont know why) and awaiting for visa numbers(there are no visas available for eb3)

dont know why they are telling this to me.But iam happy that my name check is cleared .dont know why they are still holding the file giving stupid reasons

Kishore

Thanks for the wishes - Please hang in there, it's just a matter of time I guess, they might be adjudicating your case now.

Kishore,

I guess our time would come soon. Dont worry about what the uscis and senators are saying. Most of it is confusing.Good luck to us.

Mr. bmt74,
did i ask silly questions? I bet you read me wrongly. BUt I forgive you for you are MAD with CIS.

bmt74 said:
abeshaw,

I guess you are a new user to this foum. The dates you see on the CIS website means nothing (at least in our case). They put our cases on hold -- citing security review as the reason (more background checks). Everyone knows that is not the real reason. Some lazy officers did not care to adjudicate our cases, hence our cases were dumped on a corner at NSC for more than 2 years. We have taken every possible step to expedite the process such as contacting senator, congressmen, letters to FBI and NSC director etc...But nothing worked.

Honestly, we are trying to enjoy this moment after a long wait. Please refrain from posting silly questions at this time.

sensat

ya let us wait some more time

my senator told me my name check was cleared she did not tell me exactly when so i asked her to enquire abt that she said she will let me know.
if it is cleared in last 2 months then i can hope they will work on my 140
if it is cleared long back then it is just my fate and they are really waiting for the visa numbers to work on my case

she also said the file is with NSC right now in a secured area(dont know what does it mean) after the name check cleared

kishore,

My senator's aide clearly told me that I was not in a name check. She said I am in a security check by the uscis. And based on bmt and gc_nov updates, it looks like they have started working on the backlogs. Hopefully we can get updates on our cases soon.

Great news

congratulations gc_nov_2003 . Please wish me the same. I am still stucked in the security check since Janury 2003

Thanks

Thanks for all your guys' congratulations and wishes. I feel so warm from deep in my heart.

qaiser, I just browsered over all the posts you have, but I didn't finish all. It appeared your I140 is still pending. I actually had my attorney initiate several inquiries on my I140 case. The first 2 times, the attorney initiatated it on behalf of my attorney, the USCIS didn't do any things on my case after 1 month's week wait each time. Then my attornney filed a formal inquiry with the American Immigration Lawyers Association liaison as to the status of the I-140, she told me it's a pretty powerful association and the USCIS finally agreed to take a look at my I140. The second day, the USCIS told her my security checking is also cleared. 2 weeks later, I got the email saying the I140 is approved. No updates on I485 yet, but if you can change jobs and travel abroad, who cares about the I485. I'm not sure whether you have done anything or not, if not, you can try doing this, hope this helps.

Best wishes!

one more tip

I did contact the Senator office a few months ago regarding the i140. They have my employer signed some paper work and got back to us pretty quick (in 2 weeks, I believe), then told me it's under security checking which is quite misleading and I wasted 2 more months. We took it granted that if it's concurrent filing and falls into concurrent approval, they are bound together. The truth is there should be no security checking on I140, the USCIS just let us wait.

gc_nov_2003 said:

concurrent NSC filer
------------------

CONGRATS!!!!

Its good see your approval. Hopefully, I'm next in line :)

Have one on me tonight ;)

I had a question for all the I-140 pending filers. Did all of you have your EADs and advance parole approved??. They sent me a email saying since my background check was pending they would let me know in another 6 months.

After I filed I-140, I filed a EAD and AP renewal (in Aug 2004). AP got approved, but EAD appln. is stil pending. I got 2 interim EADs from local CIS office. They said they cannot issue a third one and advised me to file a fresh EAD application. I did that in Oct'05 and it is also still pending. I initiated an inquiry couple of days ago. I got an email response that it is pending because of security review.

If you guys remember, I got an RFE on I-140 last week and also my long pending H1 extn applications got approved. So I thought I am out of the security review hole. But I guess not. This tells me that eventhough security review is cleared, the individual processing units (EAD, H1, AP etc...), they all may not receive the notification....just a screwed up system in NSC -- that is the bottom line.

Thanks bmt. Now probably I will look for a h1 extension in the middle of this year. Hopefully something good happens soon.