Nov 2002 case approved

sairam1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Thanks to well wishes and the Grace of the omnipotent, our cases were approved. We received the email messages about our approvals around 0900 AM EST. The text of the case status from the web site is reproduced below.

No RFE's. No AC-21. With the sponsor company since the first day in the Land of the free.

Words cannot explain the feeling that we are expriencing now. It certainly is a lot more relief than happiness. We can now plan on our trips home after almost 6 years.

Thanks to all for your well-wishes.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 16, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Parshu,

Thanks to you for the guess that our cases will be approved in 2 weeks. Have you been approved too? Very Eager to know...

Cheers and Good Luck to all on your approvals.

PS: Now the wait for approval notices begins... I hope we get it before Charlotte gets in the schedule for InfoPass

Hi Sairam1 ,
Congrats to you and your family,

Did your online message change after u received your 2nd FP notice.

we got our second FP notice schedule on Sep 13. But no change in online msg , still says " On July 9,2003, received fingerprints......." after address change.

Thanks for your reply

Enjoy your freedom.

Sorry missed to put my information

RD- Oct,24,2002
ND- Oct,31,2002
FP1- Jan2003
FP2 - Scheduled Sep 13,2004

Approved 2nd AP in April 2004.
Applied for 3rd EAD. No lin info yet.

mgr91221 said:
Hi Sairam1 ,
Congrats to you and your family,

Did your online message change after u received your 2nd FP notice.

we got our second FP notice schedule on Sep 13. But no change in online msg , still says " On July 9,2003, received fingerprints......." after address change.

Thanks for your reply

Enjoy your freedom.
No.. there was no change in the online status message after we received the FP2 notices....

It did change about 2 weeks after we had given our finger prints...

Cheers and Good Luck

Sairam1,

Man!!!! Congrats I am very happy for you.

Nope! Our Case is not Approved. But see...My prediction worked.....atleast for you....

Congrats again man!! enjai...........

parshu
----------------
485 RD 09/03/2002
ND 09/13/2002
FP1 10/08/2002
FP2 06/22/2004
AD ????????????????/

Same for spouse

Last edited by a moderator:
Sairam Congrats!

Do u work for an MNC (multinational company) or a big American desi company or a small american/desi body shop?

I am very curious to find out why only some people are getting RFE, even when they have stayed with the original sponsoring company all along. Does the company history matter?

I have got an RFE even though there could not be a more straight forward case than mine. No change in employer, always employed, always on H1B & within 6 years. Company is one of the few big desi companies based in MI. Company has history of being blacklisted sometime in the past ('94-'97) though I dont know for what exactly.

All I know is I am suffering unduly... My RD is Jul 2002 and still waiting approval.. got RFE in 1st week of Aug 2004. :(

Congratulations!

Sairam1 -

Congratulations! It's really good to see someone, who is fairly close to my RD being approved. I am about two months behind you but hopefully, I will get "something" but the way of email or letter.

I still hope to see you online sometime. Again, congratulations and enjoy the new chapter of your life.

Japanese

sgshrkd said:
Sairam Congrats!

Do u work for an MNC (multinational company) or a big American desi company or a small american/desi body shop?

I am very curious to find out why only some people are getting RFE, even when they have stayed with the original sponsoring company all along. Does the company history matter?

I have got an RFE even though there could not be a more straight forward case than mine. No change in employer, always employed, always on H1B & within 6 years. Company is one of the few big desi companies based in MI. Company has history of being blacklisted sometime in the past ('94-'97) though I dont know for what exactly.

All I know is I am suffering unduly... My RD is Jul 2002 and still waiting approval.. got RFE in 1st week of Aug 2004. :(
I work for a small Desi company. I am told I am one of their first batch of H1-B employees for whom they processed the green card. I have no reason not to believe them. Have been with the same Company since I first came here (dont ask me why)... Have been working for the same organization as a contractor, for almost 4 years now. I dont know if the company history matters or if there is a basis for any RFE.

I did get an RFE about Company's ability to pay during the 140 processing and I held off on applying for 485 even though I could have gone concurrent (they had just then launched concurrent processing back then 07/31/2003).

Personally, we did take some extra pains to ensure (and so did my company) to respond to the RFE during 140 with surplus information .. I sent in ALL my paystubs and for the part of the year and all W2s for all full years ahead of the month I was responding to the RFE. The finance guy in the company said that they filed the fresh tax return and had a full sudit of company done and filed all reports, including the latest returns.

When we filed the 485, again we followed the same process... excess documentation in favor of just enough.. such as affidavits + birth certificates + other documentation evidencing birth.. (such as 10TH CBSE pass certificate). On the Biographic information, we made sure there was not even a day left unaccounted for. Dont know if it might have helped but atleast it certainly might have eliminated one reason for an RFE.

Hope this helps ... Cheers and good luck

sairam,
congratulations! hope you remember me - we were supposed to be tracking together sometime back.
Anyways on my case, my 2nd FPwas done today - my spouse's scheduled for Sep01st and hopefully, I'll see light pretty soon too!

RD: 25Nov2002

sgshrkd said:
Sairam Congrats!

Same Here. I got an RFE today also. Worked for only 1 employer here in the US. Dont know what the heck to make of it. Plus it is a MNC Fortune 500. :confused: Maybe the INS hates the big employers and the pain continues for RFE sufferers.

puneet did ur online message change ... how did u come to know that u got a RFE...did u/attorney get the letter...

Parshu
----------------
485 RD 09/03/2002
ND 09/13/2002
FP1 10/08/2002
FP2 06/22/2004
AD ????????????????/

Same for spouse

parshu said:
puneet did ur online message change ... how did u come to know that u got a RFE...did u/attorney get the letter...

Parshu
----------------
485 RD 09/03/2002
ND 09/13/2002
FP1 10/08/2002
FP2 06/22/2004
AD ????????????????/

Same for spouse

No. I got the emails myself. An early morning present from the INS. I was holding my breath and expecting an approval. But I knew I wont be so lucky.

MrCoolz said:
sairam,
congratulations! hope you remember me - we were supposed to be tracking together sometime back.
Anyways on my case, my 2nd FPwas done today - my spouse's scheduled for Sep01st and hopefully, I'll see light pretty soon too!

RD: 25Nov2002
MR Coolz,

Yes! Of Course! I do remember you ... Good Luck on your early approval ...

Cheers