Nov 2001 Case: INS has sent the same RFE for 2nd time...

sam99

Registered Users (C)
Are they out of their mind to send the same RFE again. My attorney received the notice today and it asked for 3 months pay stub and W2 which I submitted 3 months back. Officer who is handling my case is really gone crazy for sure..Overall my attorney is asking for more money to handle this RFE. First RFE was replied by me.

did you have a G28 with your original filing?....

Did you file your original application with a G28 ? Could it be because you replied to the RFE rather than an attorney ? Any guesses ? When you say you replied the RFE did you get the copy of the RFE ? What was the exact wordings on the RFE for which you answered with the w2 and pay stubs alone and not an employment letter also. I am not busting your chops, I am just trying to figure out what made them send the same RFE ....:confused:

I can give you my friend's experience regarding this and I do not know if it is true in ur case.

My friend hired an atty and informed INS that the atty will be representing him for 485.

He had an understanding with his atty that he will be paying some xxx amount at time of filing for GC and balance after his GC.

My friend was under the assumption that everything will go smoothly and even if he gets a RFE he alone can reply and he need not pay the balance amt to atty.

He got a RFE for medical and he replied it on his own.

I think atty usually checks the case status and when he checked my friends case he found that a rfe was generated and my friend replied it on his own. Sensing something fishy about my friend his atty contacted INS and told them since he is the atty all correspondences from INS should go to him.

Due to my friend's bad luck he got a RFE and it went directly to the atty and his atty squeezed more money from him to reply for the RFE.

Be careful with the Attys they can go to any extent even for a couple of $$$$

Originally posted by mssjan03
I can give you my friend's experience regarding this and I do not know if it is true in ur case.

My friend hired an atty and informed INS that the atty will be representing him for 485.

He had an understanding with his atty that he will be paying some xxx amount at time of filing for GC and balance after his GC.

My friend was under the assumption that everything will go smoothly and even if he gets a RFE he alone can reply and he need not pay the balance amt to atty.

He got a RFE for medical and he replied it on his own.

I think atty usually checks the case status and when he checked my friends case he found that a rfe was generated and my friend replied it on his own. Sensing something fishy about my friend his atty contacted INS and told them since he is the atty all correspondences from INS should go to him.

Due to my friend's bad luck he got a RFE and it went directly to the atty and his atty squeezed more money from him to reply for the RFE.

Be careful with the Attys they can go to any extent even for a couple of $$$$

No doubt all these immig attorneys are hungry after money. I paid ransom money intiallly only for my 485 and what the heck is that for ? Are they not supposed to take care of my RFE with that money. They sucks big time..

Except few good atternoys, all others are like Gas Stations!!! Wherever anything happens they try to grab money by increasing the GAS prices.

Rather than try helping us by requesting AILA/BCIS to speedup the Emp Based Adjudication process, they just want to drink our blood...Better they should join in REDCROSS !!!

I am shame on you atternoys...you are enjoying with our sweat and blood...

One day the God will getback to you with proper treatment...

thanks
Sg

A very successful lawyer parked his brand-new Porsche in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck passed too close and completely tore off the door on the driver's side. The lawyer immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialed 911, and within minutes a policeman pulled up. Before the officer had a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer started screaming hysterically.

His Porsche, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter what the body shop did to it. When the lawyer finally wound down from his ranting and raving, the officer shook his head in disgust and disbelief.

"I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else."

"How can you say such a thing?" asked the lawyer.

The cop replied, "Don't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you."

"My God!" screamed the lawyer. "Where's my Rolex?"

A former lawyer applied to a government contractor for a job. The contractor asked him what he could do. "I'll be a consultant," the lawyer said.

"We have enough consultants," the contractor said.

"I know all about what's going on in government," the lawyer said. "I'll be an advisor."

"We have enough advisors," the contractor said.

By now the lawyer was becoming a little desperate. "Look," he said, "I'm not overly proud. I'll help you with paperwork, sort of like a clerk."

"Sorry," said the contractor. "We have more than enough clerks.

With that the lawyer got upset. Jumping to his feet, he turned toward the door and shouted, "Well, to work for you, I'd have to be a low-down, double-dealing SOB anyhow."

"You didn't say you were a lawyer!" exclaimed the contractor. "Do sit down."

Same notice?

Sam 99,
It may be a silly thought but , hopefully is the case. I got fingerprint notice again 3 months after I did the fingerprints. It turned out that my copy went to my old address and came to right address.
I bet you checked that already.
Good luck.

so sorry to know this, this is really crazy! in terms of img. lawyers, i also have pretty bad experiences. i have been waiting here for over two years, and my lawyer just sits there and does nothing to help me out there. i once asked him to contact with INS, but he refused to do that. However, later on, I got charged for his hours on discussing my case with his secrectory... I hate to say the f-word... clearly, those guys are taking advantages of us, is this the cost of 'freedom'? ???......

Originally posted by sam99
Are they out of their mind to send the same RFE again. My attorney received the notice today and it asked for 3 months pay stub and W2 which I submitted 3 months back. Officer who is handling my case is really gone crazy for sure..Overall my attorney is asking for more money to handle this RFE. First RFE was replied by me.

Was RFE1 receipt updated/acknowledged?

Re: Re: Nov 2001 Case: INS has sent the same RFE for 2nd time...

Originally posted by OmGV
Was RFE1 receipt updated/acknowledged?

INS received my RFE response but on-line status never changed till date and now message shows RFE2.

Just to let you know, my atty sent me the notice and surprisingly the notice is same as previous one and Notice date is hand written after cutting off the original printed date. Is it possible?

Originally posted by cran2
I am so sad to see you all unhappy. Hopefully things will be better after gc for you

Yeah, my son is on the way this december. U bet, things will be better. Atleast he can sponsor me when he is 21 :D

Sam 99,
It is suprising to get second RFE with the same query..
Can you give me some more info....

When did you changed the company...and when you got the first RFE. To be more specific, how many months before your first RFE you changed the company...

-rajum

Originally posted by mssjan03

mssjan03

If the above quoted sentence that you are saying is true about your friend than it is a very bad way to do business. I agree with everybody that lawyers are big money sucker. However, to retain a lawyer with the intention of not paying after the GC could potentially through you into a quagmire.
M

Originally posted by rajum
Sam 99,
It is suprising to get second RFE with the same query..
Can you give me some more info....

When did you changed the company...and when you got the first RFE. To be more specific, how many months before your first RFE you changed the company...

-rajum

>>Can you give me some more info....
My first and second RFE asked for 3 months paystub and last year W2.

>>When did you changed the company
I changed my company on 11th month after filing 485 (Oct 2002)

>>when you got the first RFE.
Aug 4th

>>how many months before your first RFE you changed the company
After 10 months I got my first RFE ie Aug 4th and 2nd RFE on Nov 6th