Nov 03 filers

gcbandwagon,

Well, I know our dept. is being outsourced for sure, but I do not know when thats going to happen. I think I might be able to pull it through till Feb. '05 but thats only speculation. Since I am a (140-Nov. 24th, '03 & 485-Jan. 25th '04) Nov. filer, I really do not know how things are going to work out. This is my 5th year on H1 (actually now since I am on EAD) its complicated matters further.

to pandeyraj

usually your company will give you severance for few month. hopefully your 140 is approved by then.

saravi said:
My attorney send a mail that he got information from reliable sources that CIS is aggressively processing back-log petitions. Did anyone asked your attorneys to check with NSC about the processing dates? If so, please post the response.

I-140 - Nov'24 2003
I-485 - Dec'29 2003

:mad:

My impression of most attorney I deal with, they don't know. They try to guess what USCIS will do and they guess wrong. Of course, they won't say so because they need to keep their job like you and me.

By the way, USCIS won't tell you much even you send them thousands mail. It will just slow down the whole damn process for them to read and trash the mail.

pandeyraj said:
140 - Nov. 24th, '03
485 - Jan. 24th, '04

Once I get my 140 approved, can I use AC21 and change companies? Is it that after the approval of 140 USCIS has got nothing to do with my employer?
I hope these are not silly questions!

I would like to know too. But USCIS seems to approve I140/I485 at the same time. When you get your I140, the I485 will be approved in next few days. How can we apply for AC21 if we get the I485? Most likely, one has to work for the same company for at least 6 months.

gcsuffer,

Why do you have to stay with the sponsoring employer for 6 months ?. Did you verify that with your lawyer ?. I did verify with my lawyer, she said no.

This is another gray area, so make sure you discuss with your lawyer.

bmt74 said:
gcsuffer,

Why do you have to stay with the sponsoring employer for 6 months ?. Did you verify that with your lawyer ?. I did verify with my lawyer, she said no.

This is another gray area, so make sure you discuss with your lawyer.

I cannot discuss this with my lawyer. The lawyer is working internal for my company.

You can leave the company right away after the green card if the company does not complain to INS. When you apply for citizenship, you may have problems.

Maybe we can ask the employer to layoff us, get the package and leave.

However, one may decide not to get the citizenship and live with GC forever. There will be some problem to leave the country more than 6 months. This country just loves slaves.

where is the law?

Can anyone show me in writing where it says you have to stay with the same employer for six months after you recieve your green card?

In this age of corporate america, where layoffs and firing are the part of their everyday life, how can INS mandates to make their forthcoming citizen to stay in the same job for six months, somthing is fishy.

Regards
LaborDrags

labordrags said:
Can anyone show me in writing where it says you have to stay with the same employer for six months after you recieve your green card?

In this age of corporate america, where layoffs and firing are the part of their everyday life, how can INS mandates to make their forthcoming citizen to stay in the same job for six months, somthing is fishy.

Regards
LaborDrags

After the green card, one could get layoff and fire, it is fine. But one could not resign for 6 months I think. When one signs the green card 'contract', he/she agrees to be slave for many years and many years after it (OK, at least one stays in the same company for 6 months after the green card.)

I would like to know it is not true and I will get the damn card very soon.

gcsuffer said:
After the green card, one could get layoff and fire, it is fine. But one could not resign for 6 months I think. When one signs the green card 'contract', he/she agrees to be slave for many years and many years after it (OK, at least one stays in the same company for 6 months after the green card.)

I would like to know it is not true and I will get the damn card very soon.
6 months after 485 approval or receiving the plastic card?

gcsuffer:

i don't think it's ture that you need to stay 6 more month after your gc is approved. the reason i'm saying this is all my friends who got their gcs leave their company right away and there're no trouble for them.