Notify INS when changing job after 180 days

pennn433

Registered Users (C)
I know there has been many discussions on changing jobs after 180 days, but my question is does INS officially require an notification for such a job change? If so, what's the format of the notification? A letter or is there an INS form?

Does anyone get a final 485 approval but did change jobs during the application?

Thanks!

I need to know the same

I need to know the same info, the differance being that I will be taking a job in a differant state. Will my paperwork be transfered.:confused:

Job change

Although INS expects to be notified, is is not mandatory.

If you do not notify, change job, and get an RFE for employment letter, they will come to know about it later. They are not going to cancel/deny your 485 just because you didn't notify them earlier (it is not AR-11!).

Secondly, even if you send them the update, it might get lost in their mail room as there is no easy way for them to locate and update your file. In case of an RFE, there is a barcode generated for your file, so your response gets directly to your file.

Bottom line: Don't!

Thanks for the info.

How will I be able to get the RFE if I do not update my address.
Please help.:confused: :confused:

RFE

RFEs are for statistical purpose mainly. INS issues RFE for about 20-30% of the cases irrespective of the status of the file. RFEs are random. So, you might get it just because INS thinks 'let's issue and RFE to this guy!' to some changes to the files.

It is an observation (from the postings on this forum) that most of the time someone has changed addressed by calling IIO, they recd. an RFE. Thus, by informing the address change, you are increasing the chances of getting on RFE, but by not informing you are reducing the chances, not completely eliminating them.