Notify INS of job changing?

Foxlady

I filed i-485 in 06/2001 through Company A (EB2). I and my group will be transferred to Company B (same job description,pending>180 days)as a result of partner agreement of the two companies. There will not have any time gap between these two employment. My Lawyer suggest me to inform INS of job changing, but I am not sure if it will cause any delays on approval. Since it should be approved soon, i may choose not to notify INS of job changing. Any consequence? which way it better? your input will be very appreciated.

in my opinion

FoxLady,

From whatever I have been reading on this board, it is better not to inform INS on your own unless INS asks you or send an RFE. I think you should just keep all the necessary papers ready in case they ask, but there is no rule as such that you have to inform on your own.

Of course please take a legal opinion (Take second opinion) Check a web site called www.murthy.com GO to the chat transcript section. You can read the chat transcripts. Also on every monday night (9PM-10PM EST)Attorney Murthy answers question on the chat forum. You can ask your question to her. She can give you better option.

In any case take a legal opinion from attornies like Murthy or RaJeev Khanna. Good Luck

Achiever

Was in same boat

I was in a similar situation. I and my group was aquired by current company within

I agree- Consult with a lawyer

You may need a partnership letter. I don\'t know the details but my friend was in a similar situation and he had to provide some kind of letter from the previous company-the acquired one.