• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Notification Stage - is it over?

WillyWonka

I noticed that most people here (on their signature) have been notified on or at the beginning of MAY.

I applied for DV-2009 on December 2007, and the mailing address is in the U.S. - so far notthing has comed thru the mail. Should I expect not to have been selected or is the notification period wider than I expected?

Thanks

If you had read the official documents you would know the exact period they send notification letters.

in the official doc says, from May - July averagely each year ~

To be honest, it is a lottery, everyone should expect no notification
rather than "hoping' everyday ~ Also, even you get notification,
doesn't mean you will get green visa. ~~

6.5 Million join the lottery and only 100K selected,
then 100K into 50K visa ~

ji

in the official doc says, from May - July averagely each year ~

To be honest, it is a lottery, everyone should expect no notification
rather than "hoping' everyday ~ Also, even you get notification,
doesn't mean you will get green visa. ~~

6.5 Million join the lottery and only 100K selected,
then 100K into 50K visa ~

ji

I agree with you here. This year for europe there were 1.2 million applicants. And 29000 or so winners (based on latest cut off number for july) after a quick calculation thats odds of 1/40. Ie one in every 40 people that applied won.

18/APR/08 - Interview confrimed for june 17th
Wish you the best for your interview. Return on that date from NYC and keep my fingers crossed while passing Irleand with SQ25 :)

Wish you the best for your interview. Return on that date from NYC and keep my fingers crossed while passing Irleand with SQ25 :)

Thanks! Just waiting on one police certificate now,its on the way I am told and then the medical next tuesday. Have every thing else ready. Cant believe its only a few weeks away now! I have spoken to the embassy,they actually called me! When I Outlined my case they said that as long as the docs are in order they dont see any problem for me getting the visa. Of course docs are in order so fingers crossed.

I agree with you here. This year for europe there were 1.2 million applicants. And 29000 or so winners (based on latest cut off number for july) after a quick calculation thats odds of 1/40. Ie one in every 40 people that applied won.
Does anyone have a rough estimate of the odds for Australia?

I have a question, does the 1st NL has any logo on the envelope that anyone who sees it can figure out what's inside, or is it just a plain white envelope... thanks

I have a question, does the 1st NL has any logo on the envelope that anyone who sees it can figure out what's inside, or is it just a plain white envelope... thanks
There's no logo on the front, only a return address for the Kentucky Consular Center.

If it helps, my wife was first to see our envelope as she returned home before me on the day it arrived and although we had been checking the mail every day in hopeful anticipation of it's arrival, she still wasn't certain it was the NL package until we opened it.

Good luck Greekos, I hope you find this envelope in your mailbox soon! ;)

There's no logo on the front, only a return address for the Kentucky Consular Center.

If it helps, my wife was first to see our envelope as she returned home before me on the day it arrived and although we had been checking the mail every day in hopeful anticipation of it's arrival, she still wasn't certain it was the NL package until we opened it.

Good luck Greekos, I hope you find this envelope in your mailbox soon! ;)

Thank you, and congratulation!
I've been checking my mail everyday in hope to see it (I'm lurking for the mailman lol)... so far no luck, but there's still time and lots of optimism ;)