Notice & Updates- Transfer for Speed Processing

InfoReq

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
I have been trying to find for long time update for those who have/had received the notice from NSC saying that I485 is transferred for speed processing, but no updates from anyone after that.
Can anyone and everyone who received such a notice respond on this thread with there update as this will really help us to know as exactly what is situation.
:)

My case was supposedly transferred for speed processing. I haven't heard from the local office in Chicago yet. See my signature for details.

InfoReq said:
Hi Friends,
I have been trying to find for long time update for those who have/had received the notice from NSC saying that I485 is transferred for speed processing, but no updates from anyone after that.
Can anyone and everyone who received such a notice respond on this thread with there update as this will really help us to know as exactly what is situation.
:)

apparently after cases get transferred to local offices there are no more online updates. one can take an info pass appointment and get information on it.

Hi,

My case got transferred to Seattle for speeding up the process. (transfer took place in Oct 2004)

It looks like the local USCIS office mixed up my address and I was not able to receive any letter directly from Seattle.

It happened that my EAD is expiring and I went to Seattle to apply for an interim EAD and found out Seattle actually has scheduled an interview for me in Feb.

Hope this helps.

CC

My case was transferred for speed processing. I haven't heard from the local office in St Paul MN as yet

Hi Everyone,
Haven't heard from anyone till now so was curious. Did anyone get any update on their case for speed processing transfer?????
My transfer date was 31Dec 2004.
Please do reply with your transfer dates will be appreciated as will help to get proper feedback

InfoReq,

My case was transfered on 1st Dec 04 for speed processing. Speed processing is not actual speed processing. In most of the cases it's transfered for interview at local office. So you have to wait for interview letter once it's transfered to local office.

visa07 said:
InfoReq,

My case was transfered on 1st Dec 04 for speed processing. Speed processing is not actual speed processing. In most of the cases it's transfered for interview at local office. So you have to wait for interview letter once it's transfered to local office.

Hi Vis07,
I really appreciate your response. Looks like we are sailing in same boat. It is just that I haven't seen any response from anyone who has got speed processing letter writing about interview or anything as such. I have been also hearing the same that each transfer lands up with interview but no concreate answer from anyone with speed processing letter. Can you please update whenever you hear anything about interview or anything....
Thanks alot

I went to the Chicago's office to inquire about my case. The told me my case is there, and I'll be getting an interview within 6 months. My transfer notice did mention the "speed processing". My attorney is confident that I'll get called for an interview.

My interpretation of "speed processing" transfer is that usually the local offices' processing dates are ahead of the service centers, at least that's the case for Nebraska:

For I-485:
Nebraska PD is Aug 31, 2002
Chicago PD is Nov 3, 2003

As you can see, over a year difference which should result in faster processing. Whether this is the case in reality, certainly not for me.

npnjan02
I'm on the same boat, so I made appointment on feb1 - will go to inquire about my case to Chicago loacal office. Have called they cust service 3 times, every time they filled inquiry reg. my case, and I haven;t received a single reply.
My:
245(i), EB3,
1-485 RD May 31,2002
TD April 02, 2004

williget - Hope u get ur interview/approval soon...its been a long wait for you.

npnjan02 - I think you should get ur interview in 3-4 months...generally its 3-4 months after the transfer.

Thanks,

My case was transfered from Philly local to Chicago in last sept, then I got a letter for fingerprint in Oct. It was done in the middle of Nov. After that, I didn't hear anything from them. What is wrong? It has been 4 months after transfer... :confused: