"Notice Returned as Undeliverable"

goudpmk

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I got an email saying that "Notice Returned as Undeliverable" please read below.

Recently I have sent my medical RFE. My PD is Jan 2005 I don't think I will get my card near soon, but question is what is this notice.

Please post your opinions

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRC*******

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On February 15, 2008, the post office returned the notice we last sent
you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on
processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing
address for this notice to be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Dear Friends,

I got an email saying that "Notice Returned as Undeliverable" please read below.

Recently I have sent my medical RFE. My PD is Jan 2005 I don't think I will get my card near soon, but question is what is this notice.

Please post your opinions

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRC*******

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On February 15, 2008, the post office returned the notice we last sent
you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on
processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing
address for this notice to be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Sorry to hear the notice undeliverable message that you got. I guess you changed your attorney/address in the past. So here is what happend:
You changed your address exactly as USCIS told you to do. I mean by calling USCIS at their useless customer service at 1800# and/or online at their website. My friend you did everything right but these morons still sent you some letter on your old address (may be attorney's old address that have moved to somewhere else it happend in my case).
Do as follows:
1. Write a letter to USCIS (whichever your service center is) explaning them that you have not recieved the notice and you updated your address long ago. Mail this letter with singnature requried postal service. Also fax this letter to whatever fax number you can find ( i am sure if you seach you will find fax numbers of TSC or other service centers).

2. In case you have a Attorney, tell him/her to do some work to get this notice (it could be RFE, in my case it was RFE, it may not in your case but dont take risk and dont let pass the time). It will be easy by getting it via your attorney because USCIS is kind of adamant that they will not send you the document (happend in my case even thought I-485 belongs to you).
3. Do not bother to call USCIS 1800# its useless nothing is going to happen.
USCIS 1800# is a complete waste of our tax dollars. Only very very few of them answering the phone knows what they are doing.

Notice Undelivarable

Hi GCKAJadu,

Thanks for your message. I did talk to TSC IO and was told that they will send the notice agian. She didn't tell me what it is.

Thanks

Hi GCKAJadu,

Thanks for your message. I did talk to TSC IO and was told that they will send the notice agian. She didn't tell me what it is.

Thanks

Trust me, the only letter you will get is, that you contacted TSC service center and the update on your case. If its an RFE its higly unlikly they will send it to you. talk to your lawyer dont waste time. In my case when RFE was issues, I called Customer service more than 15 times in the span of over 2 months and I recieved 7 letters from USCIS ...none of them was the RFE letter. all the letters talked about RFE and the status of my case. finally when I contacted congressman and pushed my lawyer (as 2months time was wasted calling those ppl over phone, by this time my case was issued "Intend to deny") The I/o working on my case sent the RFE via FAX to my lawyer only. Also one of the customer service rep also mentioned me one time that it is very unlikly that they will send the RFE to me directly and tht was true.