Notice returned as undeliverable

banta4gc

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody seen this message?...Any ideas?

My FP Notice recently went back to my old address (I guess) and went back to USCIS....but I got the copies from the lawyer...and did my FP...

>>>>>>>>>
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On March X, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

this is trouble. I had a similar notice with my waiver of J-1. you should contact them several times, they will send a note to VSC and ask them to look into it. they might send you a new one or they will make you apply for a duplicate via I-824. The I-824 takes about 6 months to process.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I received a similar notice a few days after my FP appointment and then on the next day, I got a "Document other than card mailed" email as well.

Turned out that the FP notice that was send to our lawyer bounced back to them and on the next day they send out the copy with the original envelope to my address - I received it four days later. Just to be sure, though, I would give them a call to check what is going on. My best bet, though, is, that this is just the returned FP notice. No need to worry.

When I called TSC, they told me it was my address change confirmation mail - which came back to them....

after 3 days, I got a "Document other than card mailed" email .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like - it was my FP Notice (with old mailing notice - forwading sticker) which got resent to my new address...I just received it...