Notice of Intent to Deny - Discussion

US Admirer

Registered Users (C)
Please limit your entries in this discussion to "Notice of intent to deny"-related topics...thanks

It looks like, from reading other postings, there are several reasons why a "Notice of Intent to Deny an Adjustment to Perm residency I485 application" can be issued:

1. Employer merged or bought-out by another company. Labor Certification and I140 application approved before merger, under old employer and I485 filed after merger and no supporting letter was attached to indicate that the terms of employment and job requirements haven\'t changed.

2. First EAD filed with VSC but EAD renewal filed at a local office. VSC requires documentation of continuing employment and legal stay.

3. Employment verification or proof of employment

4. Proof of relationship out of wedlock - Marriage Certificate

5. 6-year timeframe on H1 expired.

Please feel free to add to this list.

No Title

Is it really true that if you renewed your EAD at a local office, you should expect to receive an Intent to deny notice? Well then I had better be prepared. I just renewed both my EAD and AP at my local district office. I guess this is to expected since the way the INS operates is guilty until proven innocent.

No Title

Hi,
I don\'t know if it holds true or not. We applied for EAD along with out I-485 from VSC and got it but renewed it (me & my spouse) from our local INS, which is Boston office and our I-485 got approved on 06/29/2000 without any querry on EAD.
Hope this helps you.
AP

No Title

I received an intent to deny from NSC. My company merged with another after I had received my I140. I have received an intent to deny letter. The letter specifically states that any name changes and mergers require a new I140.

No Title

Can anybody explain in what case you can receive the
"Notice of intent to deny" if you H1 6 year limit is
over. I have not applied my 485 yet. My 6 year limit
is over. I am waiting for my date to become current.
Does it mean I might get "Notice of intent to deny"
when I apply for 485?

No Title

If the six-year term on your H1 has already expired, then what\'s your current immigration status? If it\'s not H1, under what category are you planning to apply for I-485? employment? asylum?

No Title

Yes, I had my EAD renewed at local INS office, and now i received "intent of deny" message from VSC.

No Title

can you let us know if you just applied with your I-485 receipts of if you also supplied additional (supporting) evidence like letter from employer and/or pay-stubs, etc. etc. ????

No Title

Hmm. I applied and received the original EAD at the local office based on the copy of the I-485 receipt notice... Will this present a problem? If so, any ideas what I should do?

No Title

I do not think that renewing your EAD at local INS office will trigger "Intent to Deny " letter. Infact I had my second EAD renewed at local INS and had my I-485 approved a month back. I did not receive any RFE also.I know friends in my company who had renewed EAD at local INS and still got their approval. I do not view this being tied to the denial. May be in GoPostal\'s case it would have happened and that does not mean it is due to the renewal of EAD at local INS office.

No Title

My company will be going through a name change at the end of october, 2000. My position, salary and job responsibilities do not change as a result of this. My case is a NIW EB2 case and my ND is 8/19/1999. If I get a denial due to the name change, do I have to restart the the entire application process or can I just begin from I-140. NIW cases do not go through labor certification process, but are issued I-140s directly following the approval of the NIW petition. Any ideas...thanks

No Title

unfortunately the petitioner is my company. So in your opinion I have to redo the I-140..does this mean the NIW approval will stand or dow this mean I will have to go back to square 1? Thanks

No Title

In my opinion, it\'s just more likely to get RFE (amended your I-140).

I have sent a email to an immigration lawyer asking this type of question.

And I will post the answer here once I get the reply.

No Title

EB2 NIW changing job during I485

I know that if you are self-petitioned, you can change your job. But what if you get RFE after changing job? Will the letter from your new company will help or it just raised a red-flag? Can you go back to your old position for an employment letter? Any legal problam you may run into if you do this? Thanks for your input.

No Title

breeze, I got a reply back from an atterney simply

saying if it is self-petition, then employer is not relevant.

This didn\'t answer your question directly, but imply that

employer petitioned I-140 could have some complications

for corp. merger/acquization