Notice of Intend to Deny (NOID)

MambaSeeker

Hello there,

I hope to find more info about NOID (Notice of Intend to Deny). Recently, I applied for a political asylum which got rejected almost three months later when I was called upon for an interview. The problem is that I never received a letter of NOID from the Asylum office to give me more time for rebuttal and evidence. This came as shock and beyond my imagination, though, the rejection of asylum mentioned that I failed to reply the NOID, which doesn't make sense since I never received such notice. I checked my mailbox everyday.

I was wondering if anyone of you have had such experience or know someone who has gone through this. I'm numb.

Btw, I went ahead and wrote back to the asylum office I never received the letter of NOID, even though, there is no room for appeal.

Thanks for reading..

Hello there,

I hope to find more info about NOID (Notice of Intend to Deny). Recently, I applied for a political asylum which got rejected almost three months later when I was called upon for an interview. The problem is that I never received a letter of NOID from the Asylum office to give me more time for rebuttal and evidence. This came as shock and beyond my imagination, though, the rejection of asylum mentioned that I failed to reply the NOID, which doesn't make sense since I never received such notice. I checked my mailbox everyday.

I was wondering if anyone of you have had such experience or know someone who has gone through this. I'm numb.

Btw, I went ahead and wrote back to the asylum office I never received the letter of NOID, even though, there is no room for appeal.

Thanks for reading..

Please ask your laywer to contact Imiigration. Maybe the letter was lost in post office.

Mambaseeker
I interviewed on 7/31/2008 and upto now I have not received anything. How long did you wait. Just let them know your situation and I hope they should assist
I'm just curious

Mambaseeker
I interviewed on 7/31/2008 and upto now I have not received anything. How long did you wait. Just let them know your situation and I hope they should assist
I'm just curious

WOW...that's a long time no to heard anything from Immigration. You should let your lawyer know about situation or contact Immigration office.

I interviewed in Nov and got the result (without NOID) in Feb. So, it approximately about 3 months.