Notice of Decion

manbuncj

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I received notice of decision for my wife's H-4 application and I am worried whether my case has been denied.

This the content of the case received from CA with WACxxxxxxxxxxx.

NOTICE OF DECISION

This notice is in reference to form 1-539, application for Extend/Change of Nonimmigrant Status, requesting a change of status to that of a dependent of a specialty occupation worker under section 101(a)(15)(H)(i)(b) of the Immigrantion and Nationality Act.

It is ordered by the Director of the California service center, United States Citizenship and Immigration Sevices that the applicant's request for change of status be denied for the following reasons:

As a dependent, the applicant's classification is subject to the principal alien's status. The nonimmigrant visa pertion filed in behalf of the principal alien, seeking a concurrent change of status to a specialty occupation worker classification under 101(a)(15)(H)(i)(b) of the Act, has been processed as a consulate notification because the principal alien's request for a change of nonimmigrant status has been den ied.

Since the principal will not be classified as a temporary nonimmgrant worker until she/he obtains the HI-B visa abroad at a United States Embassy or consulate, and has been lawfully admitted into the United States in the nonimmigrant status, the applicant does not qualify for the requested change of status.

I have not received any information about mine. Does it mean that my application will be processed at a consulate office outside the state? I am confused. I do not really understand it well. Please help explain it to me.

Based on that letter, looks like your change of status got denied, but it does not mean H1 itself got denied.
Your H1 application will be kept processed and once you gets H1 approval(not change of status approval, it was denied), you should go to US consulate, got H1 stamp and reenter the US.

No idea why your COS got denied from above letter.

Last edited by a moderator: