• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Notice Left by USPS at KCC yesterday. What should I do?

pearpj

Registered Users (C)
I sent the forms back to KCC to process my DV2012 application. Once I checked status on usps site. It shows:

Class: Express Mail International®

We attempted to deliver your item at 8:58 am on May 08, 2011 in WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Will KCC call to USPS to ask for redelivery?

Don't worry bro, i think u must follow and check back on the site usps.com; to know if ur item have been delivered.

Good luck

they usually try to redeliver the next day. what is weird, is that USPS do not usually try to deliver on Sunday. If you are concerned, call USPS and ask.

I found it weird too that they delivered it on sunday. I will check the status again tomorrow.

Same here. I'm so mad with UPS. Why would they attempt to deliver my mail at 6.30 am??!! And they have done it for 2 days! I just called Both UPS and KCC. I asked UPS if a can schedule time that is more convenient for the next delivery attempt. They said I cannot. A lady in KCC just said "you will be fine. They will deliver it later today." okkkk... I know that UPS makes deliveries only once a day, I told her that. She said "then we will get it tomorrow." I'm worried. I hope they have a person who collects mail from postal office. But the next time I will probably use certified mail instead..

Mine was delivered at 6.30 too, but apparently they got it? I did, however fill out a Waiver of Signature form as I assumed the person collecting wouldn't be signing for 2000 packets every day:

Delivered, May 07, 2011, 6:33 am, WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769
Arrival at Post Office, May 07, 2011, 6:28 am, WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769
Processed through Sort Facility, May 07, 2011, 2:01 am, LONDON, KY 40741

Good for you, lordmuggins! I did not fill out a Waiver of Signature form. That's why it keeps coming back to the postal office. I should have done that..

I actually don't know if it is required or not.. I would call USPS. Nothing I read anywhere said it [waiver] *was* required.. but I just made a guess that they'd be receiving a ridiculous amount of mail every day. It may be possible to request it to be sent back-to-sender, then you can re-send it.

Thank you
I called them back again and was able to reschedule the delivery after 9 am. Hope it works.

Mine was arrived.

Class: Express Mail International®

Your item was delivered at 10:07 am on May 09, 2011 in WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769 to K C C . The item was signed for by J SUTTON.

Delivered, May 09, 2011, 10:07 am, WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available), May 08, 2011, 8:58 am, WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769
Arrival at Post Office, May 08, 2011, 8:54 am, WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769

Mine too! At exact same time! And signed by the same person))) YAY
I think I will call them by the end of the week to find out about the progress of my application.