No Title

I got my receipt notice here are by details:

SC: NSC, EB2, RIR
RD: Apr 12th
ND: May 1st

I heard it usually takes 1 to 1.5 months to get receipt notice
Good luck

No Title

Can you please tell me when you recieved it by mail? we have sent it on Apr 10 and still we have not recieved any notice.
Thanks.

No Title

Mine was mailed on 5/3/01 via USPS Priority Mail and their records indicate it was received on 5/5. No receipt from NSC yet.

No Title

Kavita,
Mine was mailed out around the same time frame (2nd half of March) to INS Nebraska. I haven\'t heard from my lawyer yet on notification from INS, either.
Regards,
Debashis

No Title

Might be this would explain why is the delay!!!

From www.immigration-law.com
Updated 06/06/01: Mail-Room Frontlog Problems for Service Centers

People are wondering why they do not receive Receipt Notices after they file petitions/applications. Emotionally, it creates uneasiness and nervousness since they do not know whether their cases are "on file."
Reports indicate that the agencies experience frontlog problem partly owing to contractors problem. In Service Centers, incoming mails are handled by contractors who are in most cases unionized. Sometimes, there arises disagreement between the agencies and the union and mail-room operation is affected by changing circumstances, being not any different from other employers.
Currently, the Service Center that faces a crisis is VSC. Reportedly, there will be a new mailroom contractor soon and pending the change, the mail-room has been facing a crisis. Allegedly, there are over 200,000 mails sitting in the mailroom yet to be sorted out! VSC is temporarily moving officers to mail room to sort mails, affecting the processing times of cases in every phase of its processing.
People should bear with VSC until it overcomes the crisis. VSC is reportedly doing everything humanly possible to deal with the situation. Let\'s send encouragement to the VSC officers!

I think it is the same with NSC also.

No Title

Hi, AMP2, can you tell me how do you know their record, do you get a signature
card from them. Mine is sent by USPS Priority Mail too. ( May 10, no rec.)

Thanks

No Title

Hi guigui,
I mailed using USPS\'s "Delivery Confirmation" (the tracking number you can use to follow up your mail from www.usps.com) and "Return Receipt" (the green receipt that is returned with the signature of the individual who receives the mail at the destination). The web site showed it was received but the "Return Receipt" didn\'t go back to the attorney. As I was the one who mailed the package, I requested the local Postal Service to research. I received a letter 2 weeks later confirming it was delivered and a copy of the Return Receipt signed by NSC was included. So both confirmations actually came from the Postal Service...

No Title

My EAD renewal application was received by INS on 7th May. I had sent it using USPSs Express mail. I went to USPS web site and requested for a copy of the receipt. Within 2 days I received the signed copy of the receipt.

My check was cleared on 31st May. And I received my receipt this week.

Hope this information is useful.

No Title

Hi, AMP2 and My quest,

Thank both of you very much.

Mine is sent by Lawer, they have not got the returned receipt with the signature. When I called my lawer, they just told me that I may need to wait two months to get the 485 receipt.

AMP2 , can you informed me the receipt as our date is close. I will let you know when I get it.

Another question is that Mine is not sent to P. O. Box 87485, which mail box do you
guyes sent?

Thanks again.

Guigui

No Title

Hi Guigui,
I\'ll post a message here as soon as I receive mine. The PO Box I sent mine was the traditional 87765. i read recently on a discussion group that 87485 is internally used by NSC for I-485 filling and also that not sending to 87485 is NOT be a problem - mostly it would delay 1-2 days.

No Title

You can get the LIN number by looking at the image (or the checks returned after processing) of withdrwan checks from bank. The INS clerk / official writes the LIN number at the back of each check.

I could know it when my checks were withdrawn. My bank had posts the check image in my account after withdrawl. You might check with your lawyer after 2-3 weeks of that.

PD 10/97 , Papers sent 10th April, ND 27th April.