Notarizing documents & Follow to join

sai73

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I need to notarize documents for consular processing.
All pages of passport.
Do i need a Notary seal on each page of the passport and notarised or only first page is ok.
Anyone who has done notarizing passport. please let me know.
The local bank i went , they notarised green card, just on the first page with the seal, also didn't stamp anything saying 'Certified True Copy'.please let me know if it's ok this way or not.

Thanks in advance
sai73

sai73 said:
Hi guys,
I need to notarize documents for consular processing.
All pages of passport.
Do i need a Notary seal on each page of the passport and notarised or only first page is ok.
Anyone who has done notarizing passport. please let me know.
The local bank i went , they notarised green card, just on the first page with the seal, also didn't stamp anything saying 'Certified True Copy'.please let me know if it's ok this way or not.

Thanks in advance
sai73
Why do you need to notorize your PP for consular processing?
Here they do not write 'certified true copy', they just put their seal, expiry date and sign it.

Photocopy of the passport -all pages need to be submitted for my wife's follow to join petition at consulate.
do they stamp anything on other pages of the passport or only on the first page of the passport.?
thanks
sai

This is unrelated, but may be useful info. When I applied for my son's PIO card, I needed to submit notarised copies of Passports of self, my wife and my son. The notary just notarised the 1st page (that had the Photographs) of each Passport. And I submitted copies of rest of the pages (not notarised) alongwith those notarised ones.
I am not sure if such would be the case with you. Others may know better.

Hi
One time we got notarized by attaching a cover letter.Could you please share some info about follow to join.I am in the same boat. How long it took for your I 824 approval and how long to get interview date after approval
In which center did you file your I 824.Thanks.

First of all let's get this straight.

Getting notarized does not mean it is a certified copy of a valid copy, etc.

Notarize only means that if you sign a document the notary is validating that the you and only you signed the document. That it is and nothing else. The notary cannot and should not notarized docments for certification.

Hi Tictac2,
i had filed i-824 for my wife in sep 04 in vermont and still awaiting approval.Meanwhile i plan to submit the required docs to the consulate with i-824 receipt for follow to join for my wife.
Sai

I agree with Alren. Once my bank notary refused to sign PP. they are not allowed to certify document copy. They only certify your signature. Ev en my lawer asked me to get W2 & tax filing documents notarized for my CP interview. As per cohey consulate, its not required. They accept photo copy if you show the original with that...Again its my experience..consult lawyer.