Notarized I-864 page, Do I send in original or copy?

horiba

Registered Users (C)
The instruction says singed before a notary public. So I did. But should I send in the original? Since this is the signature page, and can we send in without an original signature?

Just try to confirm with the knowledgeable folks here before I mail the application.

Thanks

U need to send the original, but make a copy 4 ur files, coz they seem to lose things on a daily basic. It has to have a signature, if not they will send it back 2 u 2b completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
horiba said:
The instruction says singed before a notary public. So I did. But should I send in the original? Since this is the signature page, and can we send in without an original signature?

Just try to confirm with the knowledgeable folks here before I mail the application.

Thanks

The original one, that's the whole point of having it notarized. Make sure you make a photocopy for your records. You send all originals of the forms and copies of everything else. Never send an original document that you can't get another copy since it 'can' get lost.

payala said:
The original one, that's the whole point of having it notarized. Make sure you make a photocopy for your records. You send all originals of the forms and copies of everything else. Never send an original document that you can't get another copy since it 'can' get lost.
CONGRATS :D

Thanks for the prompt response. I know I can always count on you folks here and I am glad I asked first.