Notarized copies of documents for OCI

vcpat

Registered Users (C)
Which documents need to be notarized for OCI application.
DC website mentions self attested but does not mention notarization.

Have somebody submitted documents without notarization and got approved?

Thanks
vcpat

Hi,

I have applied at SFO. Although, I have applied with self attested copies (not notarized), status on my OCI card says it is printed and mailed back to SFO from New Delhi. That tells me, for a fact, that you do not have to notarize your documents for OCI card. All the best.

Regards.

Which documents need to be notarized for OCI application.
DC website mentions self attested but does not mention notarization.

Have somebody submitted documents without notarization and got approved?

Thanks
vcpat

I sent the OCI application to Washington DC without notarizing any documents for OCI.

I notarized the surrender application because they specifically mentioned it in the instructions. But, nothing for OCI.

How do I get the surrender / renunciation application notarized? The DC website says the signature should be notarized? Should I declare my signature on a sheet of paper and get it notarized or sign the surrender application and get the application notarized? Please help!!!

Should I declare my signature on a sheet of paper and get it notarized or sign the surrender application and get the application notarized? Please help!!!

"Genius" you think out of the box.

Fill out the renunication apps and sign in front of the notary to get it notoraized.

Hey vm, I asked my question since thats how the SF consulate wanted me to get my signature and photo notarized - I self declare and get that sheet notarized when i converted from a 20 yr PP to a 10 yr PP. So, it was a very valid question.. In any case, I have got my application forms for surrender notarized..

"Genius" you think out of the box.

Fill out the renunication apps and sign in front of the notary to get it notoraized.