Not sure if RFE

pointerToGC

Registered Users (C)
The website used to have a RFE generated message on my case till yesterday. I also did a 2nd FP on 03/18 and today the message has changed to "results of your fingerprint has been received on 03/23".

Previously it used to show "on March 15th we sent a notice requesting additional..."

So I am not sure if this RFE message was for the finger prints or is it really an RFE. Can anyone help explain this.

Lawyer claims he has not received it yet. So if it is really an RFE how long does it take for the lawyer to get it. Also did someone who had both 2nd FP and RFE sometime have a similar experience.

Thanks in advance.

Kingno1

It will be interesting to know if your status online will be updated to FP received and processing resumed or still left at the additional info requested i.e RFE. I am interested in knowing it and do let us know.

My lawyer is based on the East coast and he has to receve the RFE from another lawyer (based on the west) who filed my 485. Today I checked with the lawyer who originally filed my 485 and he says he has not received it yet. I am not sure if he is telling the truth. Can I call the Service Center and find out if there was an RFE issued.

PointerToGC

Our I485 case number is WAC03006xxxxx

Online status says "On March 15, we sent a mail requesting for additional evidence.....".

Lawyer confirmed today that RFE has been received for EVL, Employer's ability to pay, W2, Tax Returns, Paystubs etc.

We also received second FP last week. Completed the FP on March 20, 2004. Online status has not yet changed about FP receipt and showing still RFE info.

I did the FP on 18th March and the results got updated today. So can you please check in a day or two and let us know if your RFE message is updated with the FP message.

My RFE sent date also is March 15th, but havent received it yet :confused:

PointerToGc,
Online Status is updated with the second FP reviewed and resumed for both myself and mywife.

Previously it used to be "request for additional information sent" in my case and 1FP status in my wife's case.

Primary first received an RFE message and then Second FP update message.

We received second FP notices and got the FP done last week.

We also received a RFE from USCIS and we are planning to send reply early next week.

Thanks

Thanks get_a_life. So 2nd FP message will overwrite the RFE message. I have still not received the RFE which was issued to me on March 15th. Now that the message is also updated I have no way of trying to find out what that RFE is about if I dont receive it. :confused: :(

WAC-03-023-50xxx
- I-485 RD Oct. 24, 2002
- I-485 ND Oct. 30, 2002
- 1st FP Dec. 7, 2002
- 1st AP approved Feb. 24, 2003
- 1st EAD approved Mar. 17, 2003
- 2nd EAD approved Feb. 24, 2004
- 2nd AP approved Feb. 28, 2004
- I-485 RFE Mar. 22, 2004
- Replied to RFE Mar. 25, 2004

In my case, the website says RFE was sent on 3/10.
But, my attorney received it on 3/22.
Since it's sent on 3/15 in your case, I think it'll be arriving very
soon - maybe tomorrow or early next week.

For me, the attorney filed the reply to the RFE this afternoon.
But, the thing is, me and my wife still have not received the
2nd FP notice yet. I'm wondering if the approval gets delayed
because of the stupid FP after everything else is processed.

Is there any case, where 485 was approved without any 2nd
FP after more than 1 year from the initial FP?

bwkim

Thanks for your reply bwkim. It does give me a little more hope that may be just may be this is an RFE that I will receive. If you dont mind- Where is your attorney based. As I said, my old attorney has to fwd it to the new one so, I even got in touch with the old one but no reply from him either. The reason you havent got a 2nd FP yet is because yours just expired. BTW, what was the RFE for. Thanks.

My attorney is in SF and my company is in Mountain View.

For RFE, it was the usual stuff: 3 year tax return along with W2s
and 3 most recent pay stubs from the current employer.

Hope everything goes smoothly with your case.

Received RFE

My attorney received RFE today, which asked for employer's ability to pay, W2, tax returns, EVL.

PointertoGC, I think an RFE has highly likely been mailed in your case. I have not seen another post that says RFE but there are only 2nd FP notices.

ganshm

RFE received

bwkim and ganshm you are both correct. I just received the RFE from the old lawyer. RFE is asking Employer ability to pay, W2s and tax returns for 3 years, 3 pay stubs and AC21 letter if needed. I have been with the same employer, so no need of AC21 letter.

Is employers ability to pay means tax returns for employer.

Hi All:

WAC-02-094-5xxxx

Saw the following message online:
----------------------------------------------------------
On March 24, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Received a FP notice today in the mail today. Is the above online status message for the FP or does it mean an RFE has also been sent?

Also, the FP appointment date is in May can I go on a date that is before that?

Thanks

It's an RFE

Ha, my online status is exactly as yours.

We received 2nd FP notices on 3/24 and today my attorney received the RFE.

My wife and I went to do our FP right away. No need to wait.

ganshm

RFE

I am almost sure this is an RFE for you, even though when I had the same question and contacted Customer Service Center they said it was for the 2nd FP. I suprised how ill-informed the customer service folks are. See the info in this thread.

It's good to know that you got the RFE, pointerToGC.
I told you the mail takes a while... didn't I?

Hope everything goes fast for all of us.

Thanks bwkim. As you said it is taking time for the lawyer to inform us or may be he didnt receive it either.

Did the RFE ask tax returns for you. If so did you submit the attched schedules as well. Also did you sign these tax returns and use 03/2004 date then.

> Did the RFE ask tax returns for you.

Yes.

> If so did you submit the attched schedules as well.

Yes.

> Also did you sign these tax returns and use 03/2004 date then

For FY2001 and 2002, those forms already had my sign, cause
I did not use tax s/w. For FY2003, I used turbo tax and printed
the whole form and put my sign on it without any date.

I don't think it matters at all, because they know e-filing is very
common these days.

Thanks ... good to know somebody else went through the same scenario. Will update the tracker thread when we receive the RFE.