Not so pleasant experience at Delhi on Feb. 13! Original I-140 requested.....But all\'s well that en

dudeap1

The CP interview was smooth..no questions asked..except the guy asked for original I-140. I had notarized copies but that wasn\'t enough.

so I went back back ...called my HR manager who promptly FEDEXed it out on the 13th itself. Received FEDEX on the 18th. went back to the embassy on the 19th at 9 am. waited till 1 pm before i was told to come back at 4:30 to collect my visa.

at 4:30 on the 19th they turned back everyone...utter mismanagement! anyway, got my visa on the 20th. what a relief!!

thanks to all on this forum...especially harry, kartick, sudhir, patta hara etc. cudn\'t have done it without u guys.

will be back in the uS on the 24th. best wishes to all

-dudeap

Congrats .... Good that everything ended well and hope that the rest

goes on fine ....

can you give more details of ur experience? Where did u do ur medical and how was the experience?

Congrats, was it AC 140 or normal case?

Congrats.

Did you apply through AC 140? There must be a good reason that lawyer gave you notorized copy (rather than plain copy).

My lawyer has told me that he has send original 140 to consulate. I am wondering why there is no standard process on I 140

Back in the US with passport stamped!

My case didn\'t have a single loose end. Never had a single RFE/problem with INS and DOL earlier in the process.

Mine was NOT a AC140 case..just a normal EB2.

I carried notarized I-140 copies just for extra safety! My lawyer had suggested taking ordinary copies only. They did not ask for the original I-140 from anyone I met on that day, simply picked on me.

Medicals...KP Jain. Very simple and smooth. Got my reports the same day. Photos from Kumar Studios, which is just a couple of blocks away from KP Jain. For Rs 150 I got a set of 4 immigration style photos and 4 passport sized photos. Photos are available on the same day too.

One advise to all: Keep a few days in hand after your interview date. Sometimes issuing a visa may take a couple of days.

Regards to all.

-dudeap

AC140

Hello yesCP,

Did u get an interview date?Mine is 25th April

My lawyer also told me that since I am a AC140 case, my original 140 has already been sent to the consulate.Do we still need to carry another original 140 with us, provided my lawyer has a copy?

Regards

which original 140 approval notice you showed them?

Congrats. I have a question:
I understand that INS sends out two 140 approval notices, one to the lawyer and the other to the employer. on the one sent to the employer it says it\'s only a courtesy copy. Did you show them the one sent to your lawyer or the "courtesy copy" sent to your employer?

dude

You should have looked at earlier postings, you are supposed to carry your original I 140. I am sorry for what happened to you but dont blame them as one has to prepared for anything they ask, coz thats thier job. My attorney had already sent me the I40 approval original notification and asked me to carry it with me too. Blame it on your attorney.