Not received the FP notice after INS issued one?

bubblecfd

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

My I-485 status check told me INS has mailed me the FP notice on October 10. Today 14 days has passed, I still have not received the notice. I am not sure what went wrong in the mailing process. What should I do?

I am afraid that the deadline would pass and I need to reschedule if I did not get the FP done at this notice. Is there any way to find out the content of the FP notice so that I would know when, where to do FP without actually receiving the FP notice itself?

INS said I may want to call them to verify the address if I did not receive the notice after 14 days passed. It is very hard to dial through their number, I am with Texas center.

Thanks very, very much for any advice.

Jeff

check with your lawyer

I had the same issue. I called up VSC and despite my address being everywhere in application the IIO insisted that my address may not be present on the application. I called up my lawyer and she had received it. She was going to return it to INS, instead I asked them to forward it to me. I am in CA and my lawyer is in MA, so obviously the Appt. were for Boston and not for San Jose. However, the IIO told me that I can go to any ASC nationwide and get the FP done as long as I was in the possession of original FP notices. The appt. was for 10/22 but I got it done on 10/08 in San Jose without any issues. INS also recd my FPs on 10/15.

Thanks a lot, aajoshi.

Unfortunately, I did my I-485 myself. I called the INS Texas center today, my address is right on their file. The IIO asked me to wait in patience. If I indeed did not receive this notice and passed the Appt. date, the FP scheduler would automatically issue a new FP notice. God knows how long that would take. I just wish I would receive this notice eventually to avoid wasting time. And I have to have the notice to do the FP according to INS.