Not Received RD/PD from VSC - Applied on 7/14/07

arjgupta

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my n400 package to VSC (I live in Stamford, CT) on 7/14/07 and the check was cashed on 7/23/07. I haven't received the PD/RD document...How long does it take to receive the PD/RD notice? What are my options in tracking the status of the application?

Thanks,

-Arjun

If you do not receive the receipt notice by 1 month of sending the application, you can call them and they can track your application by your A#.

You can call National Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 at USCIS website.

mine is worse

i sent my n- 400 application and reached Vermont service center on July 12, 2007 according to my UPS tacking but up to now:
1. Checks are not yet encashed
2. no receipts or anything from VSC
i tried to reach them but i was told i have to wait 45 days after i sent my application for them to start accepting telephone inquiry to investigate what happened to my application.

please keep in touch whats the latest in your end. thanks

July N-400...

Sent @VSC: 7/16
Chk cashed: 7/24
No Receipt notice till now.
Called VSC and they replied that my info is not in the computer yet (they tried search using A#). Called up next day and received info that the document is still with Mail room. I dont know how.

I suspect most service centers have been inundated with applications from people trying to avoid the rate hikes. VSC had been running about 3-4 weeks for ND, but I'll bet its closer to 6-8 weeks now.

Whoever applied in June/July checks are cashing slowly and Receipt notice is mailed out almost a month after USCIS received application. Probably situation became worse now because of last minute rush of application to beat fee-hike deadline.