Not received physical GC

boss2k

Registered Users (C)
Our 485's got approved on 08/28/07
Received approval notice in mail
Received biometrics code 2 for all of us ( myself, wife and kid)
Did biometrics on 09/11/07
LUD on 09/12/07
Online status changes back to " we transferred this case ....." and this message i had got even when we did biometrics code 3 on May 07

Yet to receive the plastic

What should i do ? Should i wait or call customer service as i know calling them will be no help.

I do not want to take Infopass appt now and will only get our passports stamped if the GC does not come in the next 30 days

Anyone knows how long this process takes

Your green card hasn't arrived in the 30 days since approval, so go to Infopass to find out if it was sent and whether it was returned to USCIS (maybe they sent it to an old address), and get your passport stamped.

Your green card hasn't arrived in the 30 days since approval, so go to Infopass to find out if it was sent and whether it was returned to USCIS (maybe they sent it to an old address), and get your passport stamped.

There has been no change of address for the last 3 years and we are getting all communications at my current address so theres no way they could have mailed the cards at an earlier address

Is it necessary to get the passport stamped now or wait and see for couple of more days.

Another question if i do go to Infopass for getting the passports stamped can i take it for my wife and kid too and do they need to go in person with me or is it fine i just carry their passport and approval notice ?

There has been no change of address for the last 3 years and we are getting all communications at my current address so theres no way they could have mailed the cards at an earlier address
Then maybe they haven't sent it, or it got lost/stolen in the mail. Or the card has not been produced due to the delays from doing biometrics in September.

Is it necessary to get the passport stamped now or wait and see for couple of more days.
You can wait for a few more days or weeks, if you don't have to travel outside the US or get a new job.

Another question if i do go to Infopass for getting the passports stamped can i take it for my wife and kid too and do they need to go in person with me or is it fine i just carry their passport and approval notice ?
I think you have to bring everybody who needs their passport stamped (other forum members correct me if I'm wrong), because they have to verify your identities. But what you could do is go by yourself first and find out what happened with the cards. If the cards have not been sent, the officer can send a message for them to be sent and you should get the cards in a week or two (if there is no other reason for the delay). But if they were sent long ago and you never got them, you'll have to apply for replacement cards and bring everybody for stamping.

Last edited by a moderator:
very much similar

Our 485's got approved on 08/28/07
Received approval notice in mail
Received biometrics code 2 for all of us ( myself, wife and kid)
Did biometrics on 09/11/07
LUD on 09/12/07
Online status changes back to " we transferred this case ....." and this message i had got even when we did biometrics code 3 on May 07

Yet to receive the plastic

What should i do ? Should i wait or call customer service as i know calling them will be no help.

I do not want to take Infopass appt now and will only get our passports stamped if the GC does not come in the next 30 days

Anyone knows how long this process takes

Hi boss2k,
Me and my wife got GC (card) in July. and kids were approved and got the welcome notice on sept 4. Then got the FP notice for the kids and did it on 9/22, and on 24 th the message changed for my daughter to " transferred on march 15......". My son got his card. But my daughter case is pending like yours.
I called NSC ( I couldn't get the IO of TSC) and they suggested me to go to infopass. we went for infopass last monday and the IO told -it is strange and you should get the card, but they haven't ordered the card yet. so she said she is going to write to them and also asked me to write a letter to TSC (to the same address in your approval notice). so far nothing has happened. and I requested her to stamp the passport but she said she cannot do it since it is expected that you will be getting the card soon?.

I suggest you go for infopass and see what is going on.
write a letter to the service center sent you the approval.
try to call the IO using POJ method.
There is nothing wrong in trying, and I think your case is really pending.

I called TSC and they said that the biomterics images which we did on 09/11 were sent to Vermont instead of TSC and thats the reason we did not get the Green cards. Now she will email them to have them transferred to TSC and god knows how long will that take now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE

I suggest you go for infopass and see what is going on.
write a letter to the service center sent you the approval.
try to call the IO using POJ method.
There is nothing wrong in trying, and I think your case is really pending.[/QUOTE]

-- How long did it take you to receive the infopass apt ?

I tried today and the earliest is available on Oct 30th.

I called TSC and they said that the biomterics images which we did on 09/11 were sent to Vermont instead of TSC and thats the reason we did not get the Green cards. Now she will email them to have them transferred to TSC and god knows how long will that take now.

I called back and this time the cust service transferred me to an IO. I was surprised to hear from the IO that he will ask the TSC to send me a status as he said he cannot say the current status as he does not work for TSC. He said my current status shows that the case is transferred to TSC and i will be notified with 30-45 days time from TSC.

What the crap ? Cant the IO open my file and get my current status

Another question do they take the EAD card back when they stamp the passport

Please reply soon

I called back and this time the cust service transferred me to an IO. I was surprised to hear from the IO that he will ask the TSC to send me a status as he said he cannot say the current status as he does not work for TSC. He said my current status shows that the case is transferred to TSC and i will be notified with 30-45 days time from TSC.

What the crap ? Cant the IO open my file and get my current status

Another question do they take the EAD card back when they stamp the passport

Please reply soon

Hi boss2k,
The immigration system is a crap.
Infopass availability depends the place where you are, some places are less crowded so can get it easily, places like NJ NY or california may take a longer time.

I suggest you raise a SR by calling the NSC, try again to contact the IO, sometimes you get very nice people may be u have to try several times.
Sent letter to the service center, keep senting them atleast once in a week, they have to reply finally.
so do not get upset with their words, it is really difficult to believe them, and you can trust when you get the physical card in hand.
so do not loose hope keep trying.
good luck

Hi Boss2k;

My situation is a little similar like yours; my wife and me received the cards on Jul 17, however I am still wating for my childrem's GC; my oldest kid received a notice for biometrics, he is 11 years old; he took it and suddenly INS updated the case that his case was transfer to Texas....something weird because our cases were transfer to texas on March already.....anyway 2 days ago I received a letter from INS where they said that somebody called to INS customer service and said that my kid is waiting for biometrics appoinment and he will receive an appointment letter for that in 60 days .....I have never called them to check the biometrics....... therefore I called to customer service and they don't know why I received this letter if the biometrics were taken before.......and they don't have any update about it.....My experience is INS customer services is not really usefull...in fact you must becareful what you said to them.......since they Misunderstand the case situation.......

I made an appointmet at Infopass and they suggest me to stamp the children's passport as long as I need to go out of the country with my kids......in fact they gave me the whole case status information.......and they told me , don't be worry because the case was approved...

It has been more than 90 days; I'm still wating for my children's GC.

I suggest you to make an appoinment at infopass and try to get the whole status info about your case; stamp your pasport as long as if it is Necessary...change job, travel outside......

The best luck for you...because I know this is a nightmare.

By the way; they take the EAD card as long as you received the physical GC.....that happend to me when I went to infopass; they asked me to show them my GC and told me to give them back my EAD card.

By the way; they take the EAD card as long as you received the physical GC.....that happend to me when I went to infopass; they asked me to show them my GC and told me to give them back my EAD card.

Sorry did not understand , if i had my GC why would i go for Infopass.

My question is if i went for passport stamping now, will they take my EAD and clearly i dont have my GC card

Hi Boss2k

I think I missed something; I suggest you to go to infopass because you did not receive your physical GC yet and there are more than 30 days from your approval.....so they can give you the right status of your case.

About the EAD; they took mine because I got my GC card.

Why do you want to stamp your passport ??? do you need to go out of the country....or something else ???

Interestingly my wife and son received their green cards last night but still there is no sign of my GC. Shouldnt they send the primary applicant first or all the members together

Anyone experienced this

I am happy but still want mine to come asap

Interestingly my wife and son received their green cards last night but still there is no sign of my GC. Shouldnt they send the primary applicant first or all the members together
It would make sense for them to do that, but USCIS is known for acting illogically and inconsistently across the board. It is very common for the cards to arrive days apart (even weeks apart sometimes happens, although it is less common).

I am in the same boat - question about Infopass.

I got my I-551 stamp in my passport when I went for a consular interview two months ago. It's been more than 40 days and I have not heared anything from USCIS - no welcome notice no plastic green card. Everytime I call the USCIS number, I get a different story (anywere from "we'll be mailing it soon" to "there were almost no green cards issued sinc end Aug") but several of them told me they are experiencing delays and asked me to wait. Can someone please naser the folowing questions:
(1) How if Infopass different from the USCIS customer service number. USCIS tells me their records are not updated. Can Infopass person do a more thorugh search into my case than the customer service person at USCIS.
(2) Someone mentioned that there are "delays from doing biometrics in September." How bad are the delays - are there any links with more details?
(3) Does anyone have a contact for TSC. If I call TSC, do they have more information about the green card production than USCIS customer service?
(4) Did anyone get a green card while their status in USCIS still shows as pending?

Thanks for your responses.

Out of four in a family, 3 got the GC in Sep 07.

We got a letter to the effect tha my daughter's GC has been approved from the local office during Sep 2nd week. LUD for her case changed on 9/14/07 however with the same message "We transferred the case...".

Still waiting for more than a month to get her card.