Not received EAD or AP but received my Interview (i-485 letter) :confused:

Smirk

Registered Users (C)
Is this normal? I have not received my EAD or AP but I got my interview appointment in about 1 month from now.

Has anyone had this experience before? Do you think my EAD and AP got lost in the mail or do they just give it to me at interview time?:confused:

Updating my timeline. I have also not recieved the EAD or AP, but did recieve the interview letter today.

10/07/09 - Package sent to Chicago (I-130 approval, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131, I-693 and G-325A)
10/08/09 - Documents received at Chicago
10/16/09 - Checks Cashed
10/22/09 - NOA recieved for I-485, I-765, I-130, I-765
10/24/09 - Recieved letter for Biometrics appointment
11/10/09 - Biometrics appointment date at Oakland, CA - ASC
10/27/09 - Biometrics done by walkin at San Jose, CA - ASC
11/09/09 - Recieved interview letter for 12/11/09

Yup same thing happened to me, I got the interview letter before EAD. I was was confused as well but give it about a week and you should see updates by email.

I got my fingerprint done 10/16, Received EAD in hand 11/9. I got 2 emails of "card ordered" and 1 email saying "approved letter sent"

Thanks Ap51672 & Infiniti05.

So now I have established I am not alone in this.

Ap51672 - Congratulations! What a relief!!!

Infiniti05 - you are right, maybe mine will be the same. I read somewhere that if you do not get your EAD & AP by the time the interview date then you may ask for an interim EAD in the interview. BTW when is your interview?

Thanks for the response. I feel a little better now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me about 24 days from fingerprints to receiving EAD in hand. Without any RFE though.

Yes, mine took a little longer because of my RFE. Lets say about 2 to 3 weeks longer.

On what date is your interview with USCIS?

It is common for EAD and AP to take 2-3 months. Now that many green card cases are progressing from start to finish in less than 3 months, perhaps they are deciding in some cases to just go straight to green card approval in those 3 months, without any EAD or AP issued.

I read somewhere that if you do not get your EAD & AP by the time the interview date then you may ask for an interim EAD in the interview.
That's not completely true. You can only get an interim EAD if your EAD application was pending for more than 90 days.

It is common for EAD and AP to take 2-3 months. Now that many green card cases are progressing from start to finish in less than 3 months, perhaps they are deciding in some cases to just go straight to green card approval in those 3 months, without any EAD or AP issued.

So if I get my Green Card does it mean that I can work without having my EAD?

So if I get my Green Card does it mean that I can work without having my EAD?
EAD and AP are interim documents to allow you to work in the US and travel internationally while waiting for your GC. Once you have the GC there is no need for EAD or AP; the GC itself allows you to work or reenter the US. However, to work you will still need a Social Security number, in addition to the GC or EAD.

Thank you for letting me know of this Wtnginatl and Jackolantern. ;o)

Much appreciated.

It would be nice if I get my I-485 approved on the spot in the interview!!!

Smirk.

I see that you didnot send I-693 form with your initial packet was that an issue r they just send you RFE?

Thanks Ap51672 & Infiniti05.

So now I have established I am not alone in this.

Ap51672 - Congratulations! What a relief!!!

Infiniti05 - you are right, maybe mine will be the same. I read somewhere that if you do not get your EAD & AP by the time the interview date then you may ask for an interim EAD in the interview. BTW when is your interview?

Thanks for the response. I feel a little better now. :)

Thanks again. I have not still recieved anything related to EAD or AP. I have signed up for case update online as well. Hopefully it will come soon.

I see that you didnot send I-693 form with your initial packet was that an issue r they just send you RFE?

I had no issue with the RFE itself.
USCIS received my RFE reply 1 week after I posted it (registered).
Once they received my reply on the same day they notified me of their receipt via email and the USCIS website had been update that my case has resumed and I should hear a decision/interview within 60 days. I actually got a reply in 18 days after they received my RFE response. Another blogger in a similar situation got theirs in 16 days after their RFE reply.

A few bloggers said that I should not have sent my AOS without my medicals that my forms will go back to day zero once a RFE has been issued. Well my forms did not go back to day zero at all it resumed from where it was left off. The reason I sent my medicals later was because I did not have them ready on time so I took a chance and it worked out in the end.

Each case is different so I do not know how this will affect others though.