Not good news: I-485 Cap for FY 2007 Can Be Exhausted Before End of July

cala

Registered Users (C)
06/27/2007: SPECIAL ALERT: I-485 Cap for FY 2007 Can Be Exhausted Before End of July? Then What Will Happen?

According to the AILA, approximately 40,000 visas remain in all employment-based categories, other than EW, for FY2007, according to its sources, and that the USCIS has far more than 40,000 adjustment applications in the backlog queue that are ready for approval, not to mention the additional numbers which will be consumed in concular immigrant visa processing. It is thus possible that the cap may reach within a short period in July, even though no one can predict it until after July 2, 2007. The USCIS at this time does not have any policy announced with reference to July 2007 I-485 filings which are filed after certain date in July when the total number is exhausted. However, considering the fact that the USCIS currently rejects the "Other Worker" category I-485 applications even though June 2007 Visa Bulletin show current for certain applicants because the "other worker" category quota was exhausted on June 5, 2007. This raises a serious concern because as we reported earlier today, the USCIS appears to be picking up the speed of processing of backlog I-485 applications in anticipation of flood of July 485 applications. The USCIS hands may be tied, should the EB visa numbers for FY 2007 is exhausted before the end of July.
The situation is particularly critical because of the USCIS decision not to accept the I-485 filings without the medical report. AILA demanded leniency but the USCIS reportely refused to accept such demand. Since medical report is "initial evidence" to I-485 filing, under the recent rule change, any I-485 filing with the medical report can be rejected or denied. Reports indicate that there are a huge backlog in scheduling medical examination in most of the areas in the country.

Is that mean from Aug bullettin it will become "Unavailable" For India EB3"?

Don't have to wait until August. If visa has been exhausted in July, it would be unavailble for anyone on that day. No more new filings and approvals until next fiscal year (October).

We know about USCIS ... They know how to manage Visas or next 3 months.
I bet , August bulletin will be current !

Ah such a brilliant example of USCIS and DOS "working together"

What morons - they can't do a simple job like counting numbers correctly :rolleyes:

They have had no idea how to manage the PD ever since it retrogressed in 2005. It is going to become like the infamous H1 lottery :rolleyes:

Ah such a brilliant example of USCIS and DOS "working together"

What morons - they can't do a simple job like counting numbers correctly :rolleyes:

They have had no idea how to manage the PD ever since it retrogressed in 2005. It is going to become like the infamous H1 lottery :rolleyes:

I agree. Well, it looks like we are screwed and stuck with visa numbers game. I guess the visa numbers may become unavailable in July.

Any idea what would be the cut-off date for PD India EB3 in October 2007?

EB3
PD: April 2003
RD I-485: June 2004

Nobody knows!!!
But if the numbers run out all will go unavailable for sometime...
Oh Lord Krishna...bring us through it.......

I agree. Well, it looks like we are screwed and stuck with visa numbers game. I guess the visa numbers may become unavailable in July.

Any idea what would be the cut-off date for PD India EB3 in October 2007?

EB3
PD: April 2003
RD I-485: June 2004

Whats going on with USCIS/DOS/Ombudasman/ and AILA?. Whom to belive..?

USCIS said about 39,000 approvable 485s are pending as on May07, in a reply to omdusman report for FY2006 .

Omdusman report for June 07, says that about 29,000 approvable 485s are pending. In the same report he mentioned that if cut-off dates are not moved significantly there is chance that about 40,000 visas get wasted.

Now AILA says (threatens) that USCIS has more than 40,000 eligible 485 is pending that may well exceed available remaining visas for FY 2007.

Then which report is right?

Why the heck they (USCIS & DOS) agree to set cutoff date to current for all EB catagories if visa is not sufficient to approve pending cases? I simply can't understand what is going on ..

It is one of the third rated immigration system in the world.

I spoke to an CSR today. When I asked her about the approvals in July, she clearly said that they're strictly going to follow RD (it looks like PD too) even in July. It's a good thing. People like me waiting around 5 years will get case done for sure.

PD: 09/02
RD: 10/03

I agree. whole immigration process sucks here. we should go back

Whats going on with USCIS/DOS/Ombudasman/ and AILA?. Whom to belive..?

USCIS said about 39,000 approvable 485s are pending as on May07, in a reply to omdusman report for FY2006 .

Omdusman report for June 07, says that about 29,000 approvable 485s are pending. In the same report he mentioned that if cut-off dates are not moved significantly there is chance that about 40,000 visas get wasted.

Now AILA says (threatens) that USCIS has more than 40,000 eligible 485 is pending that may well exceed available remaining visas for FY 2007.

Then which report is right?

Why the heck they (USCIS & DOS) agree to set cutoff date to current for all EB catagories if visa is not sufficient to approve pending cases? I simply can't understand what is going on ..

It is one of the third rated immigration system in the world.

SHOCKING NEWS:
06/29/2007: EB-Visa Number Retrogression?

There is a rumor going around that the State Department will issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007 next Monday (July 2) or Tuesday (July 3) and that it may show retrogression of some or all EB categories, very likely to the point of unavailable for the month of July! Please stay tuned.

I spoke to NSC , I asked them reg. visa nos exhausted he told we dont know reg. that but they are under heavy pressure to clear all pending 485 s before sept 30th 2007,
I asked abt my case he said it is in waiting area to be reviewed by officer.

eb3 india nsc
pd: july 2002
rd:dec 2004
ad: ??????????

SHOCKING NEWS:
06/29/2007: EB-Visa Number Retrogression?

There is a rumor going around that the State Department will issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007 next Monday (July 2) or Tuesday (July 3) and that it may show retrogression of some or all EB categories, very likely to the point of unavailable for the month of July! Please stay tuned.

-- If it turns out to be true, what will happen to all those early brids who already mailed their applications to meet july 2nd time line??:confused:

Oh good Lord