Not clear, what after....

Nest

Registered Users (C)
Hi, just want to find out from you folks who may answer to my question. I asked a lawyer about if I become a Citizen, how long will I wait for visa number available, a petition I-130 I send for unmarried children over 21?
I send a petition in the beginning of 2003 since I was a GC. Petition was approved and in NVC waiting..
Coming this February I will get a Citizenship and will send to NVC to upgrate status from F2B to First Category.
The lawyer told me after upgrating will take another 4.5 years! But I have been waiting already 3+years!
Dont understand, after sending original petition in 2003 or after upgrating being a Citizen in another category status?
Just funny! Or is he telling the truth!???

Your son retains his F2B priority date after you become USC. His wait time will be his F2B priority date minus visa bulletin F1 current cut-off date=estimated wait time. You are right about timeline. However, your lawer could be right since F1 moves very slow recently. F1 has not moved for at least 4 months. I guess many F2B upgrade to F1 when their parents are eligible to be citizens.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE=familybased]Your son retains his F2B priority date after you become USC. His wait time will be his F2B priority date minus visa bulletin F1 current cut-off date=estimated wait time. You are right about timeline. However, your lawer could be right since F1 moves very slow recently. F1 has not moved for at least 4 months. I guess many F2B upgrade to F1 when their parents are eligible to be citizens.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer, but my feeling was if you become a US Citizen, your petition will be upgrated and move faster for visa available... Now I feel depressed! Look at F2A they have moved to 2002? So, whats to be special in 1st category, when the are still at 2001 and like you said have not moved in 4 months?
I have adult children, still at 23 and we pray every day to be together. I love them so much, like everyone in my case, but how cruel I was praying to the day to become a Citizen, so we will be together, then another 4.5 years? That can kill us!!!

I can understand your feeling. Upgrading is right move since F2B will take much longer to be current. Visa cut-off date is unpredicable so that you pray for the best, but prepare for the worst. It is only way to stay positive. F1 will move after those backlogs over. 245i was sunset on April 30, 2001, that caused masive filings to take advantage of grandfather clause. Now most gc petitioners are usc, their adult children start to draw unexpected visa numbers. One more thing, if you happen to come from philippines, you have to stay as PR because USC from Philippines will take much much longer to immigrate to the U.S.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
familybased said:
I can understand your feeling. Upgrading is right move since F2B will take much longer to be current. Visa cut-off date is unpredicable so that you pray for the best, but prepare for the worst. It is only way to stay positive. F1 will move after those backlogs over. 245i was sunset on April 30, 2001, that caused masive filings to take advantage of grandfather clause. Now most gc petitioners are usc, their adult children start to draw unexpected visa numbers. One more thing, if you happen to come from philippines, you have to stay as PR because USC from Philippines will take much much longer to immigrate to the U.S.

good luck

Thank you Familybased! You gave me a little hope in a long tunel... I really gratefull to you and for your kind words. I read this forum, like I read Daily News, knowing, Immigration dont work this way, just looking for any good news. We are going under worldwide category, so still... A LONG WAIT!
Im not positive about 245i, cannot go that fast. Or will ever? All promises about borders, illigal immigration, working programs; until now nobody talk about in the Senate. I have been waiting this for long, just how long will it go?
Immigration reforms have not been changed since 1960..!
Do they really do something? Just wonder?