Not approved yet? Please Vote here

Approval pending but PD current (RD is of 485)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gb04

Registered Users (C)
Please vote the combination which applies to you! Only vote if you are case is still pending but your PD is current

transfer cases have low priority

Well another important thing missing here is the transfer cases from VSC to TSC because if your case is a transfer case then you may have to wait much longer (?) and if your case is originally filed with TSC then you are in line for approval very soon (if all the checks are cleared). I called TSC representative using POJ method couple of days back and found a rude lady on the other side. After taking my receipt number she told me that your case is in the pile of cases we received from VSC which will be processed. She gave me no further information when asked for and ended the call instantly.

EB3 India
PD - June 2002
RD - Sept 2003
FP1 - Oct 2004
VSC -> TSC (March 7)
FP2 - May 4, 2007
Recent LUD's (May 4, May 7, May 9)
I485 AD - ???

I think that will add a dimension for a clearer pic

As only upto ten choices are available, I couldn't come up with some combination to include FPs or Transfer dates into this poll. But I agree they are important indicators too.

Btw, you can click on the number of responses and see who all voted for that option and get a good idea of who are in the same PD/RD boat with you.

Here are my details. I voted too. This is good. At least we'll know what the pattern is. Appreciate gb04 who started this thread.

MA_Labor - Add PD 2004/ RD 2004 too please ,as EB2 cut off date is April 2004

I started this thread but cannot edit the poll anymore. And even if I could, I cannot add more than 10 choices so its too late. This poll ends at the month, so if we are still around ;) we could create a better poll based on lessons from this one. Do come up with suggestions about the 10 choices for the next one.

Btw, anyone can start a parallel poll based on a different criteria (like based on just EB3 and transfer dates, etc.) so give it a shot.

Also, it will be interesting to learn about the PD/RDs of the people who selected "none of the above", since options like pd 2003/rd 2003 are basically unused. Till now the unknowns are: incaus, jkss12, ladude10, nj_g, Sureshj, techbuyer77, waiting4cagc

Last edited by a moderator:
winny1971: Have you setup an Infopass appointment and spoken to an immigration officer?

I voted in the first category above as well (PD: 07/2001, 485 RD: 11/2003), and went for an Infopass appointment last Thursday (06/07). The officer told me that my file had been transferred from TSC to CSC, which seemed strange to me since my LUD hasn't changed since 03/2007 when the file was moved from VSC to TSC.

It would be interesting to know if more of the old and VSC->TSC cases have been transferred to CSC as well. That would mean TSC is trying to offload cases and CSC would be processing these cases soon after receiving them (the idea being that cases are processed based on the PD and RD).

My Infopass Experience

I went for Infopass on Jun1, 2007 at Newark. The old guy at the window had no idea (how they hell do they do their jobs!) about the application and what is PD. I had tell him about the new PD dates. For my wife's case, he gave a 2 year old status. Somehow when he found me difficult to answer sent me upstairs to the AOS Interview Department. There the immigration officer could not understand why I was there and was telling me you have filed recently (transfered to TSC on Mar 2, 2007) even after showing him a copy of my 485 and approved 140 where it clearly stated that PD was Sep 2001 and RD on 485 was April 2003. Still he was saying that your dates are not yet current as your date is Sep 2003 and I had to point out that my PD was Sep 2001 and not Sep 2003. Could not even tell whether my Security Clearance was completed. After that I was convinced its better to leave from that place rather than screw up my case further with ill-informed IO handling it.

Center :NSC
Priority date : July 2002 - EB3 - INDIA
I-1485 filed : July 2003

I Called Customer service for status enquiry in Nov 2006. I got email response that "Your application is awaiting for officer review.Service waiting for Visa availability.

What does it means?

I believe Name check and other checks completed.So waiting for visa availability. Othewise they will mension that you name check is pending.

Again i Called Customer service for status enquiry on May 15th 2007. I got letter with following mesage.

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively
processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this
case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a
decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter,
please call customer service at the number provided below.

Is it standarad message or some checks are pending?????

I am confused now. What could cause the delay.????

Any suggestions !

Last edited by a moderator:
Center : NSC
Priority date : July 2002 - EB3 - INDIA
I-1485 filed : July 2003

I Called Customer service for status enquiry in Nov 2006. I got email response that "Your application is awaiting for officer review.Service waiting for Visa availability.

What does it means?

I believe Name check and other checks completed.So waiting for visa availability. Othewise they will mension that you name check is pending.

Again i Called Customer service for status enquiry on May 15th 2007. I got letter with following mesage.

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively
processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this
case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a
decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter,
please call customer service at the number provided below.

Is it standarad message or some checks are pending?????

I am confused now. What could cause the delay.????

Any suggestions !

My details

My details are:

EB2 - PD Mar 2002
I140 - AD Jul 2005
I485 - RD May 2005
Stuck in Name check
FP1 - May 2005 ( Code 3)
FP2 - May 2007 ( Code 1)