Not able to get status of my case?

jcuervo

Registered Users (C)
I decided to check the status of my case at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do and got

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

The same case status work fine for my wife.

Anyone had the same issue?

The online status is pretty much useless, so dont worry about it. Soon your wife's online status will be come obsolete as well.

As long as you are getting your receipt notice, fingerprint appointment and interview letter, you should be fine.

The online status is pretty much useless, so dont worry about it. Soon your wife's online status will be come obsolete as well.

As long as you are getting your receipt notice, fingerprint appointment and interview letter, you should be fine.

But is it normal to have a case established though it will never be updated.
But I am not sure isf it is normal you can not even find your case

Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online
I believe you are going to get your Interview letter soon :D...add your case to your portfolio and see what is the last update date and that is when they sent the letter out...this happened to me (from Case Not Found to Case Incomplete!)

Last time I checked my case a month ago. It was some generic message that my case is pending. I'm scared now.

You'll get your Interview letter very soon. I had same issue and got my Interview letter couple of days later.:)

Using the online case status tool to find out about your case's real status is basically like looking for your lost keys only under the street light because that's where the light is better... it may give you a sense of accomplishment, but nothing useful has happened...

Virtually every naturalized citizen poster on this forum that I have read about hasn't seen one useful thing about case status online.

Instead of an interview letter,, I got a CFR for a driver's license/ID today via mail. I wonder why do they even issue this type of letter? I mean wouldnt a sensible person carry their driver's license or an ID when making a visit to a downtown office?

Instead of an interview letter,, I got a CFR for a driver's license/ID today via mail. I wonder why do they even issue this type of letter? I mean wouldnt a sensible person carry their driver's license or an ID when making a visit to a downtown office?

You'd be shocked at what people do...at our oath ceremony a woman showed up and didn't have her green card... I mean...seriously!! So she had to be re-scheduled...

Using the online case status tool to find out about your case's real status is basically like looking for your lost keys only under the street light because that's where the light is better... it may give you a sense of accomplishment, but nothing useful has happened...

Virtually every naturalized citizen poster on this forum that I have read about hasn't seen one useful thing about case status online.

I don't know why but it seems I-485 and I-140 cases have (or used to have) very good phone checking system

The case status online system for natz applications is completely and utterly useless. Not only is it hardly ever updated, but some cases don't make it into the system at all. For instance, I've been a USC since last September. However, my case status online still displays the "case received and pending" message. There are plenty of others who get a similar message.

As far as the disappearing case status message is concerned, it's usually a sign that an IL is on the way.

I believe you are going to get your Interview letter soon :D...add your case to your portfolio and see what is the last update date and that is when they sent the letter out...this happened to me (from Case Not Found to Case Incomplete!)

Hi,

Did your wife get the interview letter yet?