NORI from the state govt.

sasha511

Hi, I have to get NORI for J1 waiver from state govt, central govt and Passport office. I am totally confused about deciding
which state govt I should approach to. I was born in a place in UP but now it is a part of Uttaranchal. My parents live in UP, but after my 10th class, I have been living in hostals to complete my studies (in cities in UP). My first passport was from Mumbai as I was doing my Ph.D. from Bombay and my permanent address in my passport was of the hostel. From past 6 years I have been living in US and now in Canada. My second passport was issued from Ottawa and the permanent address is of Hyderabad as my husband is from Hyderabad. Even though my parents live in UP and he is living in the current city for past 12 years, I have never lived there and I have no ration card, bank account or any other evidence. I have never lived in AP either but have spent more time in AP after marriage and my passport had Hyderabad, AP address. I do have one bank account in Hyderabad. My question is that which state govt should I approach to, for the state govt NORI, UP or AP?
My B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees are from UP, Ph.D. from Maharashtra (degree was issued from Bangalore so officially from Karnataka) and my current passport has AP address. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sasha