Non-Immigration Issue

rade

Registered Users (C)
This non-immigration issue but pls do not flame me for this.
I am used to this site so much that in times of desperation I run to this site for help.

My mother who is 70 yrs old needs to go back to Bombay from Raleigh next month(Aug). Is there anyone who reads this message(or any acquantainces) going that route by Delta. She does not have any medical problems and you do not have to carry any bags. She just needs guidance going from one gate to another. Pls let me know.

For others, what are my other options ? Does Delta help in such matters. Does anyone have any experience?

Once again, pls do flame me for this. Tks
rade
--------------------------------------------------------------
ND/RD July 2002
No FP yet

All airlines provide the Wheel Chair services for free. Asking for wheel chair service when you book the ticket. Besides, the service is free but it'd be nice to carry some changes as the tip.

Airlines usually have personnel who help elderly to find their way in airports. Call Delta and find out. You will need to request such services in advance.

my grandmother who is 80 flew Lufthansa last year. They provided door to door service and were great. Just call the airline and tell them that you need someone to help her change gates/planes and would like a wheelchair. They will take it from there.

HTH

Just go to Delta counter before she boards the plain and ask for wheelchair
assistance. They should do it. Be sure to mention that she needs assistance in europe during transit.