non-immigration issue-sorry

sivak_c

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I am unsuccesfull from last few months in job search. Could went through. I got a quite few interviews selected me and put those cases in pending because of budgets.

Do any one have jobs in ur location on oracle, pl/sql,datawarehousing , cognos, ETL, pharma, clinical trails , data architecht.

Please email me if you have any to sivak_c@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

You are not succeeding may be not because of budget, but of your communication. Just prepare a bit more and watch more of dirty, stupid and silly soap-shows on american channels....

You seem to have some hot skills. As 1amShantanuB said, try to polish your communication skills and you should be fine. But I don't know of any openings for your skills.

Hello

I was looking at some jobs for myself. I think I found some that required Cognos experience. Don’t remember where, it was in one of the career sites.

I suggest u go thru some of the career sites for tips on resume writing, covering letter, searching etc. Some of the older formats are not favored anymore. Also spend a lot of time on the covering letter. In addition to the resume people now suggest that we have a resume portfolio.

No matter how good your English is, have the resume/covering letter reviewed by couple of your friends/family. It helps. Make sure they are perfect.

Good luck.

There are many ways you may want to try in getting jobs:
- You may want to get certified in some of ur skill sets as candidate recognization is better and get short listed faster among 100's of resume.

- As PGC said, you may want to update your resume into new format and also covering letter does matter. This is very important as recruiter receives lot of resumes and at a glance they can make out it is worth to consider the applicant or not. So bottom line is, your resume shud be very strong. There are many cheap resume writing software, you may want to consider that too. (under $25). Also if you have friends in consulting business ask them forward some good resumes to you.

- Try searching jobs in local news paper like in DC/MD/VA one can search jobs in www.washingtonpost.com and click on job search.

- Jobs sites are ok but I prefer calling the consulting company rather than sending the resume. This will give you contacts and understanding of the client, if they have any projects.

Good luck.