non-immigration: Bahamas or Carribbean cruise from Florida

sanrishi

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Please answer this non-immigration questions about Bahamas or Carribbean cruise from Florida.
I got my GC approved and passport stamped(no physical card yet). My wife's I485 is still pending. We plan for one of these cruises from Florida. Do my wife and I need visa for this cruise? Did anybody go on this cruise? How was it? Please, share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Thats right, GC holders are fine in both directions (to Carribean islands and back). Your spouse may need to show valid travel visa for reentry into the US, i.e. H-1/H-4 visa or AP. Unless you travelling to US territories your travel is like reentering from any other country.
If you going to a US territory its less stringent... however, you could be asked to demonstrate visa documents in spot checks.

I recently travelled to Puerto Rico with a similar situation as yours (I got my GC, but spouse is still pending, she travelled on AP) -- no problem at all.

we took this cruise from miami, last year on Royal caribbean. very good experience. still better if you have kids because babysitting is free starting at 9 am.

all travel docs you need if traveling out of the US, are required. this applies even if you decide to stay on ship at bahamas. the cruise line will not allow you to board the ship without all travel docs.

Me & My wife went to Bahamas in Feb 2002

on AP by cruise. No Bahamas visa required. While returning back to US you need to show AP papers to immigration officials. Make some photocopies of your AP papers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Me 7 My wife went to Bahamas in Feb 2002

Originally posted by Dec17Rd
on AP by cruise. No Bahamas visa required. While returning back to US you need to show AP papers to immigration officials. Make some photocopies of your AP papers.

Me 7 My wife ???????????????? What is that?