Non-Delivery of N-400 application to LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA

Goodyman

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I send N-400 application on July 6th via USPS next day service (return receipt reqd) to address as mentioned in the guide -

USINS California Service Center
Attention N-400 Unit
P O Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0400

On the www.usps.com, looked the status and found -

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:30 am on July 07, 2005 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607 and a notice was left. A second delivery attempt will be made. If unsuccessful, we will hold it for five business days and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

PLEASE HELP GUYS !! ANYONE WITH THE SAME EXPERIENCE. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IT'S DELAYING MY PRIORITY DATE I GUESS.

Thanks,
GM

Goodyman said:
Guys:

I send N-400 application on July 6th via USPS next day service (return receipt reqd) to address as mentioned in the guide -

Attention N-400 Unit
P O Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0400

On the www.usps.com, looked the status and found -

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:30 am on July 07, 2005 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607 and a notice was left. A second delivery attempt will be made. If unsuccessful, we will hold it for five business days and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

PLEASE HELP GUYS !! ANYONE WITH THE SAME EXPERIENCE. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IT'S DELAYING MY PRIORITY DATE I GUESS.

Thanks,
GM

did you send it using express mail?

if so, they usually leave a notice to the user who pick up the mail and they would have to wait in line, and sign the package. not sure if the person did not pick up the notice, s/he did not pick up the package.

wait a sec.. yesterday was July 7th! may be the person from INS does not pick up mail everyday? only do twice a week or so?

good luck.

Goodyman said:
Yes, I did use express mail. Let's hope they pickup mail today.

Just one more confusion - I found on web site

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/natz/natzmap.asp?state=5

Attention N-400 Unit
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1040

...and noted zip code 92607-1040 instead of 92607-0040 as per guide !!

Can this be the reason??

GM

usually zip does not make a too much different when it comes to the last 4. however, i notice something that.. the last 4 is more or less similar to the PO box number (in general speaking).

by the way, i thought you should use the address from http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/natz/natzmap.asp?state=5 rather than the guideline.

fyi, i used the address from the link in above.

if it is the case they return your package, you just have to mail to the new address. or if you are sure the address is incorrect because of the zip, you can call the post office and ask them to send back to you, if it is still possible.

or just call USPS to check if the zip makes a diff.